What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Tested some posh Sipsmith G&T in a can. Very nice, 4 for the price of 3 in Tesco atm and about half a unit more per can too (than Gordon's etc) . 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/huffpost-tests-best-gin-tonic-in-a-can-ready-for-the-bank-holiday_uk_5ccaec02e4b0913d078dc0af

Edited by clarkete

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I don’t think so. I’ve searched high and low but can’t find it.

We have it on DVD too but are in the same predicament.

There's software that let's you convert a DVD into a video file so you can then hook your laptop to TV/chromecast etc. Worth a go to preserve it! 

After my tent got nicked last glastonbury I had to either buy a new tent or resurrect an old tent I retired some years back.  Went for the cheaper and environmentally friendlier option and with a bit of gaffer tape and a handful of hairbands and I'm good to go.  Checked my stockpile of festival gear and it seems all I need to buy for glastonbury now is some snackbars and canned beverages.

This year I've decided to replace the mylar space blanket method of cooling/undermat insulation with a roll of radiator foil.  Less rustling, better light blocking and easier to roll up the sections and take home afterwards.

• Upvote 1

We took the caravan for a spin out after its repair from storm damage. Everything is alright, wont be going anywhere in the winter in it but good for glasto. Just need to do another night or two away to make sure we have all the bits we need for a week. 

Also purchased today some electrolytes and some sporks based on comments in another thread. 

Getting close now. :D

Saw the mighty Wonk Unit in a tiny venue. Like someone’s front room. Very hot and sweaty.

Finished a bit of decorating in readiness for Glastonbury visitors. 

Bought my nephew his birthday pressie so I don’t forget this year as I did in 2017. His birthday falls in GF week. Apparently a drum kit is not an appropriate present for a 6 year old.

bought a bottle of scotch, which was on special offer, ready for the hip flasks.

thought about tidying the guest room but Suffered a bout of CNBA . So that will wait for next weekend.

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

thought about tidying the guest room but Suffered a bout of CNBA . So that will wait for next weekend.

Good decision as things just end up getting dusty again. No point in doing the same job twice. Can you please also keep us up to date with a daily thing about the well? I remember you could see water in 2016. x

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Good decision as things just end up getting dusty again. No point in doing the same job twice. Can you please also keep us up to date with a daily thing about the well? I remember you could see water in 2016. x

Will do. There is no sign of moistness looking down there. Tomorrow I will stick a sticky thing down there if I can find something long enough and see if I can hit water.

Started my packing list, and sharing details with my newbie mate who's after all of the tips. Got a camping stove this year so looking forward to a steady supply of brews.

Picked up a bottle of Red Leg rum from Tesco, fiver off atm.

Narrowed down my choices of sweeties for making vodkas for the meet.

10 hours ago, Spindles said:

This year I've decided to replace the mylar space blanket method of cooling/undermat insulation with a roll of radiator foil.  Less rustling, better light blocking and easier to roll up the sections and take home afterwards.

Always interested in non-rustly tent insulation - are you also putting it over the tent? 

Sorted all the camping hardware. Made a list of what we haven’t got.

Just need to buy those bits now and throw a few clothes in a bag with my toothbrush and sun cream ☀️?

Edited by Flysheet

4 hours ago, Sara_out_west said:

Always interested in non-rustly tent insulation - are you also putting it over the tent? 

Strips between the inner tent and outer skin on 3 sides, gaffer taped to the frame, couple of strips under the mattress.

• Upvote 1

Right well i've started looking at tents and as a gent who likes a bit of room (will be staying on my own in it) i've settled with my choice coming from one of these 3 tents... all 3 berth. If anyone has had one of these and can recommend please do! Only reason i'm looking at getting a new one is my trusty old vango has lasted me 15 years but pretty sure it may have some ermmm vomit in it left over from the Sunday night of the 2017 festival and i'm not sure I can face opening it...!

Coleman Kobuk valley 3 plus (includes blackout sleeping compartment) -  £91.20

Image result for coleman kobuk valley 3 plus

Coleman Darwin 3 plus (no special blackout thing) - £86.50

Image result for coleman darwin 3 plus

Coleman Coastline 3 plus (most expensive at £130)

Image result for coleman coastline 3 plus

Edited by JoeyT

6 hours ago, Spindles said:

Strips between the inner tent and outer skin on 3 sides, gaffer taped to the frame, couple of strips under the mattress.

Was wondering about this too....does it matter if it touches either the inner or outer skin? Was thinking if it rained it might so show make the tent leak....? ( I know nothing about tents)

I'm moving to Glasgow today to start a new job tomorrow ? While this is actually taking me physically quite a lot further away from Glastonbury, in my head it feels like the last big milestone of things I have to do before the gates open. So scary, but also it means it's nearly here, folks!

I've also taken photos of my two booze infusions and sent them to my current housemates to remind them to give them both a good intermittent shake, and maybe change the rhubarb in my absence :-) 

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm moving to Glasgow today to start a new job tomorrow ? While this is actually taking me physically quite a lot further away from Glastonbury, in my head it feels like the last big milestone of things I have to do before the gates open. So scary, but also it means it's nearly here, folks!

I've also taken photos of my two booze infusions and sent them to my current housemates to remind them to give them both a good intermittent shake, and maybe change the rhubarb in my absence :-) 

Good luck with the move, Sasp.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Right well i've started looking at tents and as a gent who likes a bit of room (will be staying on my own in it) i've settled with my choice coming from one of these 3 tents... all 3 berth. If anyone has had one of these and can recommend please do! Only reason i'm looking at getting a new one is my trusty old vango has lasted me 15 years but pretty sure it may have some ermmm vomit in it left over from the Sunday night of the 2017 festival and i'm not sure I can face opening it...!

Coleman Kobuk valley 3 plus (includes blackout sleeping compartment) -  £91.20

Image result for coleman kobuk valley 3 plus

Coleman Darwin 3 plus (no special blackout thing) - £86.50

Image result for coleman darwin 3 plus

Coleman Coastline 3 plus (most expensive at £130)

Image result for coleman coastline 3 plus

WE have got both the last two Coleman tents but there is 2 of us. The bottom one takes upa  surprisingly large amount of space and we struggle to find a spot in the crew field if we get there on Thurs. But then you get that massive living space. Before we bought it we found the one above it perfectly acceptable for 2 of us so would be fine for you. We got the bigger Coleman for about £70 - it is on sale on Amazon occasionally.

Edited by giantkatestacks
detail