"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Haven't checked dates specifically but Elton seems a reasonable shout. You could pop him anywhere in on the Pyramid - or even Other opener - as a "special booking" and he'd tear the house down. I'm going to work on the assumption that Bazza G isn't the legend slot - for some reason - and that our final act is "legend".

Tbh, an acoustic solo performance from Bruce Springsteen would go down a treat for me. But there's marginally more chance of REM tbh.

Would be a blinder but isn't Elton john  seriously ill in hospital as of last week or two? 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Similar to Adele, probably.  Arenas this leg and then stadiums in 2018.

That's if he's not playing drums in Led Zeppelin.

I can't see him filling stadiums in America or mainland Europe. 

He's a worthy Glasto headliner to me though and no way should he sub anyone,

9 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

That and as far as I know it's been his life goal to headline Glastonbury, there's no way he will turn it down and sub to someone else instead.

Yeah but he probably didnt take i to account any fantasy rumours of a Led Zeppelin/Pink Floyd/Zombie Beatles reunion coming in and asking him to support them when he said that statement. 

So in the fantasy land of this happening then Sheeran may step down and take the fantasy support slot on this fantasy line-up. 

Its just not happening. People are convinsing themselves of anything to make Zep a possibility and will then be disappointed when its not. 

3 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Haven't checked dates specifically but Elton seems a reasonable shout. You could pop him anywhere in on the Pyramid - or even Other opener - as a "special booking" and he'd tear the house down. I'm going to work on the assumption that Bazza G isn't the legend slot - for some reason - and that our final act is "legend".

Tbh, an acoustic solo performance from Bruce Springsteen would go down a treat for me. But there's marginally more chance of REM tbh.

He is free for the Friday Other Opener but already playing elsewhere Sat/Sun

23 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Led Zep weren't a touring act in 2007 when they played a blinding, note perfect, one off show at the O2, so your reasoning is the only thing that's ridiculous! 

They did a one-off in 2007 as a tribute to their friend and mentor, Ahmet Ertegun. Plant made it clear before and after that it was just the one show. Since they split in 1980 he's constantly rebuffed the notion of them reuniting, and they've done it just a handful of times for specific events.

Even assuming, however unlikely, that they were up for another show, given the hysteria and clamour for tickets 10 years ago, and the fact that they could sell out any venue they choose many times over, why would they choose to take a non-headline slot at a festival that their fanbase has no chance of going to? And please don't say it'll be a joint set with the Foo Fighters.

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

They did a one-off in 2007 as a tribute to their friend and mentor, Ahmet Ertegun. Plant made it clear before and after that it was just the one show. Since they split in 1980 he's constantly rebuffed the notion of them reuniting, and they've done it just a handful of times for specific events.

Even assuming, however unlikely, that they were up for another show, given the hysteria and clamour for tickets 10 years ago, and the fact that they could sell out any venue they choose many times over, why would they choose to take a non-headline slot at a festival that their fanbase has no chance of going to? And please don't say it'll be a joint set with the Foo Fighters.

I think that playing a single show as a tribute goes to show they don't really care about their fans being able to get tickets.

But yes, I can't see them being anything but a headliner, and to shift lineups around now is as rude as it is unlikely. Would bands really talk about headlining in interviews to surprise that they are actually subbing?

On the other hand, Page and Jones played Led Zepp songs with Foos at Wembley.  Another cameo like Coldplay did with Gibbs is possible.

Edited by fowls

27 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Aye he's already started announcing stadiums down under next Spring, doesn't take much imagination to predict that seeing him at Wembley is going to be the most in demand ticket next summer.

He sold out three nights at Wembley on his last album. He's even bigger now.

Where do you go next?