"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, Bonaneas said:

Err I think this modern ones slightly safer than the 1930s helium gas filled accident waiting to happen zeppelins... 

" .....was moved out of its hangar at Cardington, Bedfordshire on Friday for the first time since it crashed in August last year "

Oh yes, sounds like they've come on leaps and bounds since in Hindenburg.  Add a few Chinese lanterns into the flight path and hey presto, no need for end of festival fireworks.

41 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Haven't checked dates specifically but Elton seems a reasonable shout. You could pop him anywhere in on the Pyramid - or even Other opener - as a "special booking" and he'd tear the house down. I'm going to work on the assumption that Bazza G isn't the legend slot - for some reason - and that our final act is "legend".

Tbh, an acoustic solo performance from Bruce Springsteen would go down a treat for me. But there's marginally more chance of REM tbh.

Elton's never been in a shite indie band has he?

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Going somewhere between the imbeciles suggesting people like Led Zep and the people suggesting it will be a massive let down, someone like Jamie T who is a very loose Bestival 'exclusive, wouldn't be a bad mid-range shout.

See, I think it's going to be both bigger than Jamie T AND a massive letdown.  Something that will be big news but not of interest to a lot of efest regulars.  Take That are my guess

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Going somewhere between the imbeciles suggesting people like Led Zep and the people suggesting it will be a massive let down, someone like Jamie T who is a very loose Bestival 'exclusive, wouldn't be a bad mid-range shout.

Hardly something for Emily to make a fuss about though, which is why it's gotta be something a bit special. 

17 minutes ago, fowls said:

I think that playing a single show as a tribute goes to show they don't really care about their fans being able to get tickets.

But yes, I can't see them being anything but a headliner, and to shift lineups around now is as rude as it is unlikely. Would bands really talk about headlining in interviews to surprise that they are actually subbing?

On the other hand, Page and Jones played Led Zepp songs with Foos at Wembley.  Another cameo like Coldplay did with Gibbs is possible.

Something like that is likely again but it won't be pre-announced.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Oh you are angry today aren't you precious. Need a cuddle? Cmon, lets hug the rage out of ya ! 

4 minutes ago, merago said:

See, I think it's going to be both bigger than Jamie T AND a massive letdown.  Something that will be big news but not of interest to a lot of efest regulars.  Take That are my guess

That's why Harry Styles is a good shout.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hardly something for Emily to make a fuss about though, which is why it's gotta be something a bit special. 

Still reckon now there is a chance they have got Gaga as sub playing her only festival show outside of America, that is presuming that's true. I have no doubt the act is American and by the time she does other dates next year Glasto isn't on. It might be wrong of course but I don't think it'll come later than Tuesday next week, enough to build it up but not too long that no one cares anymore.

10 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Wait, you're suggesting it won't be a let down, then throw out Jamie T? :lol:

• Upvote 2

Gaga would have been a good shout, but she has been playing it down hasn't she? how about a little bit of schoolboy q? or Kendrick? maybe Drake? with BBK? i'm thinking it has to be something American. And they have not got that killer Hip Hop group. 

9 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

" .....was moved out of its hangar at Cardington, Bedfordshire on Friday for the first time since it crashed in August last year "

Oh yes, sounds like they've come on leaps and bounds since in Hindenburg.  Add a few Chinese lanterns into the flight path and hey presto, no need for end of festival fireworks.

You've just reminded me of one of my favourite Archer episodes... Image result for archer blimp episode quotes

• Upvote 1