"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

15 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I know Bon Iver's been mentioned but if they are going to show it may have had to be a 'big secret' after binning their Euro gigs; probably me just hoping though.......Decemberists, anyone?

they didn't cancel June gigs, they're playing Dublin and Primavera in a few weeks at least, don't see why they'd have to keep another June appearance as a secret...

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they didn't cancel June gigs, they're playing Dublin and Primavera in a few weeks at least, don't see why they'd have to keep another June appearance as a secret...

Like I said, maybe just wishful thinking like much of this thread :-)

1 minute ago, ticketboy69 said:

It's got to be someone for the legends slot hasn't it?  Either that or the Friday opener. Does the planning application definitely not allow for a Thursday night live act?

My other thought is Harry Styles. 

Legends slot, Friday opener,  Park headliner, or Pyramid sub, or even 3rd down Pyramid, are all perfectly possible answers, I reckon.

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

Yeah sorry, was being facetious! Think it's been mentioned every other page on this thread :(

Would be great, but not going to happen

Hehe only reading about every 10th page... That'll teach me to be clever! 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Has anyone suggested Led Zep? Robert Plant has put something on his website.

OOoo!!!

it simply says "Any time now..." in white font on a black background. I reckon that you might be onto something...

The black clearly signifies the absence of John Bonham with three words one for each of the surviving members and the three dots are the path to the Pyramid Stage.

But I could be wrong...

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You realize that Ed's prices for easily on par this time with Coldplay yes? It was £85 for a standing ticket.

The only act in the world that would outsell him currently going is Adele, I over estimated GNR but not cheap at that.

Im not aware of UK prices, but the prices in the US aren't the same.  Coldplay at my local stop is charging $100 for tippy-top of the arena. $350+ per seat to get closer to the stage.   Ed, who comes a couple months before coldplay later this summer, is topping out at $175 per ticket for the close-to-the-stage seats. 

Edited by Friendly Banter

5 minutes ago, bexj said:

A quick Google suggests Robert plant has had that message on his website for a couple of weeks.... Sadly

Even Though I was half pushing the led Zep theory, I'm pretty certain that message on Roberts site is about an up coming album release as he's been in a local studio recording as recently as a month ago. 

2 minutes ago, Friendly Banter said:

Im not aware of UK prices, but the prices in the US aren't the same.  Coldplay at my local stop is charging $100 for tippy-top of the arena. $350+ per seat to get closer to the stage.   Ed, when he came around was topping out at $175 per ticket for the close-to-the-stage seats. 

In the UK he's on par but tbh the duration he's been around compared to Coldplay.

Overall Coldplay are bigger worldwide O think due to extra ticket prices but at this moment in time not a lot beats Ed, when the album came out I think you are 50/50 to whether Adele would just about outsell him.