"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Just now, Franky said:

No, the hillarious thing is nobody has a fucking clue :P

Oh ha ha , thanks - wildly clutching at straws then - unusual around these parts, but fun never the less

After all the rumours last year it is actually the last Glastonbury to be held on the present site .... Michael is retiring ? All could be secrets , but not ones I want to entertain :-(

37 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Place went 7 shades of apeshit on Sunday in 2009 for them. 

don't ever see there being a better other stage headline

34 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I know your suggestion didn't get much love, but I dont think its that crazy. They are quite a big band to be left off the first poster - as I'm sure others have mentioned - and other threads seem almost certain its happening....so there is space (altho this thread may have turned my brain to mush as I dont remember where they're rumoured for....West Holts right?). It makes more sense to me than a massive massive band....but I suppose the word "secret" is open to interpretation!!!!

For me the conflicting thing about her statement is where the fuck could someone who could be classed as a "really big surprise" fit... Whenever a medium sized band is suggested who we could think of a place for it always seems as thought they're not big enough to be a "big" surprise....

I guess only poss spaces are legend slot or maybe an Other headliner? Bumping down Alt-J maybe? Or an amazing hectic opener (i.e. not someone like James!)

Nah, it's not a big enough position to be considered the big as suggested

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and what stage would they be on...?

Behave.

nothing hopefully at this point.

21 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

Prodigy would be magic, BUT, what would the need be to keep it top secret for so long ?

nope

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That'd be the shitest outcome of all. Even shiter than Elbow.

actually would but I'd still be tempted instead.

I don't get how, if say this is referring to an act like The Prodigy - or even ATCQ (i.e. acts that might be expected to play Glasto anyway) it would be considered a 'really big secret' if they did end up playing. To me, to live up to that kind of billing, it should be something very unexpected or different.

8 minutes ago, Friendly Banter said:

Not nearly in Coldplay's league when you look what they charge for ticket prices. But I guess they are a group and Ed is one, lonely, man

You realize that Ed's prices for easily on par this time with Coldplay yes? It was £85 for a standing ticket.

The only act in the world that would outsell him currently going is Adele, I over estimated GNR but not cheap at that.

53 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I don't get how, if say this is referring to an act like The Prodigy - or even ATCQ (i.e. acts that might be expected to play Glasto anyway) it would be considered a 'really big secret' if they did end up playing. To me, to live up to that kind of billing, it should be something very unexpected or different.

Yeh ok, agreed....but what could be unexpected but not so big an act as to have nowhere to play...?

Oh god....im feel the need to scrutinise every single word of her quote. What does it mean????

I feel a Four Yorkshiremen sketch coming on...

Right, we know Barry Gibb is going to be there, he could be joined by Barbra Streisand for their duet, who is then joined by Lady Gaga for A Star is Born, throw into that Kris Kristofferson who we also know will be there. The finale is Steps joining them all for a rousing rendition of Tragedy.

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

And we'd be glad of it!

Tell that to the kids today and they wouldn't believe what we saw in 2017 !

I just told Mr TN my theory and he said it will be Vera Lynn and Michael Eavis dueting We'll meet again