"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Three possibilities -

1) Announcement just before the "Secret resale" of last refunded tickets so everyone buzzing about it.

2) Once last of tickets sold out - to rub it in for those without tickets.

3) Hold on as long as possible to build up hype (but not so long it is an anti-climax).

I think it's been under our noses all along; Emily said they've booked twice as many acts and they were working on pushing female headliners.  6 day festival here we come, with a focus on female headliners.  I'll reinvigerate the 2017 headliners thread but my guesses are:

wednesday: lady gaga

thursday: Kate bush

Tuesday: aretha franklin

Edited by ShakeyCrash

15 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

I have always wondered/feared that Take That might make an appearance on the Sunday afternoon

New album out, UK tour ends the week before, and they could do with a free PR boost to help with album sales, what better way than a Glastonbury slot, could even be the 'legends' slot maybe?

Good call - very good call.

15 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I think it's been under our noses all along; Emily said they've booked twice as many acts and they were working on pushing female headliners.  6 day festival here we come, with a focus on female headliners.  I'll reinvigerate the 2017 headliners thread but my guesses are:

wednesday: lady gaga

thursday: Kate bush

Tuesday: aretha franklin

Yep, I could take that in a heartbeat - but.... TUESDAY?? A lot of people will be begging their bosses for a couple days more leave at little notice if that's the case!

57 minutes ago, Colonel74 said:

Depeche Mode - sing Ed Sheeran, just in case you've missed him

Actually I was talking about The Big Secret in the pub with a mate, and someone walked past and hissed "It's Depeche Mode, trust me." but was then gone before we could tie him to a chair and cross-examine. Not my *first* choice out of those we've discussed, but it'd make a lot of people happy (and People are People, as we know)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Emily's definitely hinted at it so yeah I'd expect a couple of reasonably big special guests etc.

33 minutes ago, evannn said:

I believe EE has hinted as such in other interviews 

She's said they'll be doing something to celebrate the anniversary of the Park, but nothing about it being in the Park.

Unless they can do something to overcome MDC's H&S concerns, there won't be any big acts on the Park stage. That would mean closing off the hill, which they can't really do. Ergo, no big bands on at the Park.

36 minutes ago, billum said:

Actually I was talking about The Big Secret in the pub with a mate, and someone walked past and hissed "It's Depeche Mode, trust me." but was then gone before we could tie him to a chair and cross-examine. Not my *first* choice out of those we've discussed, but it'd make a lot of people happy (and People are People, as we know)

They've said they're not doing it and it would mean them playing shows on consecutive nights, which they're not doing once on their tour. It isn't Depeche Mode.

36 minutes ago, musky said:

She's said they'll be doing something to celebrate the anniversary of the Park, but nothing about it being in the Park.

Unless they can do something to overcome MDC's H&S concerns, there won't be any big acts on the Park stage. That would mean closing off the hill, which they can't really do. Ergo, no big bands on at the Park.

They're going to celebrate the anniversary of the Park on a stage that isn't the Park? Gorillaz (or anyone else) secret set on the Pyramid to celebrate 10 years of the Park Stage? Any celebrations of the Park's anniversary will be in the Park.

Park.

Anderson Park.

Doesn't sound like a word anymore.

39 minutes ago, musky said:

I wasn't trying to imply that they would be having Kate Bush or Paul McCartney on at the Park, just that they were doing something special to mark the occasion 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Not for 8 hours...and then only to take the piss out of Bernie Sanders/The Colonel. 

I don't know how he's managed it. I can't stay away! Kinda glad now for the 6 hr time difference so I can do all the work I should have been doing earlier while the UK gets some shut eye ..oops!

Aside from who this act is...how many days of this do we think they're going to put us through??

It's Clucking Trout / djkknnknk

48 minutes ago, billum said:

Bloke in a pub earlier said depeche mode to me as well. Or maybe dy'e push mae, not sure.

it's take that, a different bloke hanging around the bogs in same pub said so.

22 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They're going to celebrate the anniversary of the Park on a stage that isn't the Park? Gorillaz (or anyone else) secret set on the Pyramid to celebrate 10 years of the Park Stage? Any celebrations of the Park's anniversary will be in the Park.

Park.

Anderson Park.

Doesn't sound like a word anymore.

I'm sure they're going to celebrate the anniversary in the Park, it's just that they're not going to have a big show a la Pulp or Radiohead. MDC raised their (entirely justified) concerns about the number of people on the hill in their annual report in 2011, and there hasn't been a big secret set on the Park stage since. They'd have to control access to the hill, and without fencing it off that's not possible. The new map isn't showing a fence installed there, so a big band isn't happening.

21 minutes ago, evannn said:

I wasn't trying to imply that they would be having Kate Bush or Paul McCartney on at the Park, just that they were doing something special to mark the occasion 

Agreed.