"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

7 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Prophets of Rage - initially rumoured, free on the Sunday and could also be the band to feature on the Earache stage? 

Said this before, earache guy announced that there was 1 band coming `all the way from the us` for this one show who hadn't been announced yet...thats gotta be at least some well known in the metal genre, they wouldn't fly a band out from the us who nobody would have a clue who they were. prophets is one option, slayer is another, and obviously many others. 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Don't pretend we all wouldn't be there....even if some/most of us denied it hard after....

`that` group represent my musical insurrection....seriously I used to listen to that kind of shit believe it or not.....then I got into rock and metal.....and for some reason I remember as a teen going into my old mans shed and physically smashing my old spice girls album with a lump hammer.....it was a symbolic act....and ive never looked back......

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Said this before, earache guy announced that there was 1 band coming `all the way from the us` for this one show who hadn't been announced yet...thats gotta be at least some well known in the metal genre, they wouldn't fly a band out from the us who nobody would have a clue who they were. prophets is one option, slayer is another, and obviously many others. 

Earache probably won't be flying the act out, though? It's an act that wants to play so much that they're travelling over especially for it. It's probably The Dead Kennedys and they added those academy dates to pick up some more paychecks whilst they're over.

Over 30 pages of speculation has done nothing to shift my belief that it's Gaga as our Saturday night sub. Have never bought into Katy Perry being sub, she's afternoon fun material.

Albeit very slim, she has the most supporting evidence. Interview late Oct that she couldn't talk about it, dropped off the rumour radar since and Emily says they've kept it quite for about the last 6 months which links into the timeline since the interview.  

Straws firmly clutched :lol:

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

`that` group represent my musical insurrection....seriously I used to listen to that kind of shit believe it or not.....then I got into rock and metal.....and for some reason I remember as a teen going into my old mans shed and physically smashing my old spice girls album with a lump hammer.....it was a symbolic act....and ive never looked back......

Why would you smash any record up? Why not just not listen to it anymore? Or if you don't want it around just give it away or sell it.

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Over 30 pages of speculation has done nothing to shift my belief that it's Gaga as our Saturday night sub. Have never bought into Katy Perry being sub, she's afternoon fun material.

Albeit very slim, she has the most supporting evidence. Interview late Oct that she couldn't talk about it, dropped off the rumour radar since and Emily says they've kept it quite for about the last 6 months which links into the timeline since the interview.  

Almost definitely.

3 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I love a bit of pop, was a Take That fan...but have always despised the spice girls with a vengeance.

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Katy Perry isn't the Saturday sub, The National are. It's obvious from the poster, and NME have revealed it the same as they've revealed the positions of The xx, Biffy Clyro and BBK.

I can't see where anyone the size of Gaga could fit in now. We've got our headliners, subs and Other headliners. Surely none of Royal Blood, Katy Perry or Chic are playing lower than 3rd.

Edited by Will-2609

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why would you smash any record up? Why not just not listen to it anymore? Or if you don't want it around just give it away or sell it.

I was a silly teenager, it was something I felt like doing........not going to apologise for that (you never did anything dumb as a teen?)....esp now as looking back it kind of feels symbolic a full on changing of the guard as far as my tastes and attitude went at the time lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Earache probably won't be flying the act out, though? It's an act that wants to play so much that they're travelling over especially for it. It's probably The Dead Kennedys and they added those academy dates to pick up some more paychecks whilst they're over.

fair play cant fault that logic, I have to say im as eagerly awaiting the bands tba on the earache lineup as I am this announcement. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Katy Perry isn't the Saturday sub, The National are. It's obvious from tell poster, and NME have revealed it the same as they've revealed the positions of The xx, Biffy Clyro and BBK.

I can't see where anyone the size of Gaga could fit in now. We've got our headliners, subs and Other headliners. Surely none of Royal Blood, Katy Perry or Chic are playing lower than 3rd.

Fair enough. Was just going on efests line up page that has unknown stage and day for The National.

Edited by Keithy

6 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Haha! Sounds like we have a similar musical history. I must admit I never felt inclined to smash up their records but I def kept it on the downlow that I saw them live for my 12 (or 13? Not sure) birthday and bloody loved it (ssssshhhh!)

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think that like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, Kate Bush would actually be too big to be added in any capacity without being a headliner.

Not helped by the fact that two of those acts no longer exist, whilst Ms Bush micromanages every aspect of her extremely rare stage appearances and I can't see her performing live in front of TV cameras when she's reluctant to release footage of her Before The Dawn shows.

Which is a shame as I'd like to see her deputise for Sandy Denny on The Battle of Evermore with Zeppelin.

Btw, Justin Bieber has got the Friday free...

13 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

It seems to make sense to me if its a metal band...albeit a more mainstream one than Napalm Death. We know they have space there, and its hard to see where else a big act could go...apart from the legend slot obviously!

I've forgotten what was said about this before, but does the earache stage have to be all bands signed to that album?

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Katy Perry isn't the Saturday sub, The National are. It's obvious from the poster, and NME have revealed it the same as they've revealed the positions of The xx, Biffy Clyro and BBK.

but they have not been announced as the sub, whereas The XX and Biffy have which makes me (and others think) that slot is still to be filled... hopefully by Gaga as it will fit she is playing but not headlining info Neil had an eternity ago

If Kate bush and Dead Kennedys get announced that will just make my festival, especially if they both avoided the Friday (preferably both be on Sunday). 

Add those two and King Gizzard then somehow the times align so I can see four of Radiohead, Flaming Lips, ATCQ, The Beat, Mark Lannigan and Krisstofferson on the Friday and my festival is fully sorted. 

Will just have to lay off the booze just enough so that I dont comatose myself during one of the acts I wanna see. 

9 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

but they have not been announced as the sub, whereas The XX and Biffy have which makes me (and others think) that slot is still to be filled... hopefully by Gaga as it will fit she is playing but not headlining info Neil had an eternity ago

Where have The xx been announced as a sub? I thought it had just been revealed by NME, same as The National.