rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The Cure, Stevie, Lady Gaga... they’re all pipe dreams right now.

I don't think you know what pipe dream means pal

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't think you know what pipe dream means pal

It'll be like my Kate & Sydney from Pieminister when the Strokes step on stage.

pie in the sky

Currently watching a showreel of dance acts at Glasto, it's a real (admittedly, solo) party at HQ Tonight. Anyhow, that couple of blokes comment. We might just Get Lucky you know. Saturday night headliner, broadcast Around the World. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. 

Believe.

13 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Currently watching a showreel of dance acts at Glasto, it's a real (admittedly, solo) party at HQ Tonight. Anyhow, that couple of blokes comment. We might just Get Lucky you know. Saturday night headliner, broadcast Around the World. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. 

Believe.

Followed by this later on? ;)

It's not Stevie Wonder. Absolutely no chance. They might as well just stick his previous set on the screens as it'd just be a replay of it anyway.

Tbf, the date 'itk' rumour is the best yet. Beats the usual friend of a friend rumour.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Kasabian headlined Glastonbury 2014.

Was inevitable and happened at just the right time for them. Thankfully won’t ever happen again. The Strokes should’ve headlined over a decade ago, but they didn’t for one reason or another (weren’t asked? £££?)  and now them topping the bill would look silly, especially paired with Stormzy and The Cure. No way would the festival take that gamble - having two lesser headliners is fine but there needs to be some bang for your buck there and The Strokes in 2019 ain’t that. 

Just now, Trout Mask Replica said:

Just thought I'd check in here to see what the craic was... 

People talking about The Strokes and The Killers eh? 

I'll fetch me coat....

We’ve gone over Madonna and Fleetwood Mac again for a bit of an optimistic break but now we’re back to the dirge.

• Upvote 1

Plus,just for a laugh, someone mentioned Daft Punk for old time's sake.

• Upvote 1

Stereophonics, killers and a sprinkle of the stones ( rolling or stone , not fused ) , oh and oasis would be rather cool 

Well I didnt think I'd mention it before because it seemed like their was no chance, but now that it came up it may be right. 

A friend of mine works with a really well connected robot in the music industry (he's called synth478) but he said it was Daft Punk headlining 2019. IDK could be bollocks.

• Upvote 2

Big fan of this idea that Paul McCartney pulling out and being replaced by The Strokes in a year where all major festivals have weak headliners is ridiculous but the idea they've grabbed Fleetwood Mac/Madonna/Stevie Wonder out of nowhere to replace him is realistic.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Plus,just for a laugh, someone mentioned Daft Punk for old time's sake.

I love how universally every festival rumour board has given up with Daft Punk after 10 years of touring rumours

We spend a lot of time discussing who will be on the Pyramid whilst saying we'd rather be somewhere else. Anyhoo, I've yet to see a Pyramid headliner for more than 2 songs before I dash to something infinitely more interesting dahling. 

I'm still on the Gaga train. I'm a huge convert, I used to loathe her but I just think she's the bee's knees now. So please be Gaga. 

(I still and forever more will utterly loathe Paloma Faith with every inch of my hatred) 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I love how universally every festival rumour board has given up with Daft Punk after 10 years of touring rumours

EXACTLY. It's the perfect time for an epic surprise headline set. The precise time the entire world has given up all hope.