rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

How did you get a truck in a lift?

Oooh ark at his lordship, never had to do any honest graft. You fucking push it in pal!

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hell naw.  Not when an actual wife-beater like Flava Flav still gets the call up.

*nods gravely*

It's just a sad truth that in the music industry a lot of people are pieces of shit, especially the more famous ones. Gaga's questionable conduct, whilst certainly shitty behaviour, is nothing beyond what a lot of past performers have got up to.

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

*nods gravely*

It's just a sad truth that in the music industry a lot of people are pieces of shit, especially the more famous ones. Gaga's questionable conduct, whilst certainly shitty behaviour, is nothing beyond what a lot of past performers have got up to.

Lord knows what might be revealed if the Me Too movement gets to grips with the music industry. 

Right, I realise I’ve never had any info before (other than Eoin Loveless telling me last year that Drenge hadn’t been booked at that point but were hoping for the call after they announced their new album and shit like that), but one of my mates piped up in the group chat the other day and is now happy for me to spill the beans. His words:

”So my new flatmate has a friend who books bands/ is an owner of a music company. She said she knew Paul McCartney pulled out months ago as he said he’d booked an US date, and they’d had fleetwood Mac at arms length.

And like a significant company, she also knows the people who manage 1975 and pale waves and organised their recent tour

So it’s not like “my mate owns a music company” but it’s in an office in slough

Apparently it’s all female subs on the pyramid, with Liam headlining other on Friday“

Then he came back later after talking to her again:

”Source is the booking agent of the 1975, who are not playing this year, playing 2020”

(I don’t think he knew the 1975 were ruled out by other gigs anyway)

Next message:

“And that large bets have been placed by music heads on fleetwood, which is why odds are low”

And then finally he came back again today to say Foals will play a secret set (seems pretty likely) and that Lorde is one of the Pyramid subs. We pointed out Lorde isn’t touring and has no new music since she subbed Other, so he went back and they said she’s doing it as a one-off.

I realise this is all very Chinese whispers, and the Lorde info seems duff and casts even more doubt (if it was needed) on the rest of it, but just thought I’d share, what with that other industry guy mentioning them at the Fat Whites gig too from a few pages back.

I’ve asked if she has any info for things that haven’t been announced yet but will be soon so we can verify, but nothing forthcoming as yet.

• Upvote 1

Oh, I forgot a little bit of it:

”Also it’s just the manner in which she said. She said I’m going Glastonbury too! As we were talking about bands. And she said she knew the headliners. Then hesitated and was like do you want me to tell you. Then said The Cure, Stormzy, at which I was like oh she’s knows same as me, then said Fleetwood Mac“

Lorde would surely need new material to sub, and even then her positioning there would be questionable.

Other two female subs..? Janet and ?

Fleetwood had been in my head for a while even before the new rumours just because they seem like the only act currently on the road who could come close to filling Macca’s boots. Still dubious though.

Liam on Other seems weird as he seems like the perfect act to go on pre-Stormzy. Putting them on at the same time seems daft.

A lot there that seems off so not really buying it.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lorde would fucking own 

I missed her slot last year for Paak, but let's be real: on the telly it looked like a tour de force.

Sames. Melodrama was my AotY and I'm peeved I've not seen her do them jams live.

O Jesus, what if it's Robyn? I want so much more for her than the ever thankless Pymild sub slot. It's where promising artists go to die.

Or maybe 2019 is the year they just stack the Pymild with women. Fuck Vampire Weekend off to the John Peel Tent and load up the 'mid with Robyn, Lorde, Janet Jackson, Jorja Smith, Kylie and Fleetwood Mac.

2 minutes ago, Anarion said:

It's got to be The Strokes right? #dontstopbelieving :(

No matter how hard I roast the Strokes I'm a mere amateur compared to the band themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or maybe 2019 is the year they just stack the Pymild with women. Fuck Vampire Weekend off to the John Peel Tent and load up the 'mid with Robyn, Lorde, Janet Jackson, Jorja Smith, Kylie and Fleetwood Mac.

Would be a top move. Festivals are having an off year across the board so you're not really competing with anyone, good time to pull a positive step like that. Same with Stormzy headlining. 

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The one-two punch of Confidence Man then Charli XCX opening up the whole popsicle stand on Friday. And surely there's room for Erykah Badu 4th down. Carly Rae Jepsen's got a home on the big pointy lad for sure.

• Like 1

Can't see Lorde popping up. She's been pretty open about spending time back home and living her life for a bit. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd REALLY love it. I missed her set as it was sandwiched between Radiohead and The xx but I just can't see it. 

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lorde would fucking own 

I missed her slot last year for Paak, but let's be real: on the telly it looked like a tour de force.

It certainly was, well worth missing Thom Yorkes yodeling session that kicked off Radiohead’s set. 

She was unbelievable, I remember having goosebumps by the end of green light 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

First Aid Kit back for the umpteenth time and noone gives a fuck

You're asking for a punch here

47 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Christine? Cardi B?

I'm probably being ignorant, but I keep seeing this name popping up everywhere. But who the hell is Cardi B? 

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

I'm probably being ignorant, but I keep seeing this name popping up everywhere. But who the hell is Cardi B? 

giphy.gif