2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On one hand it would be a decent booking because they're bigger and more relevant than most of the names mentioned since Macxit.

On the other it would be pretty underwhelming, that would be three times in twelve years (same as Muse) and although I enjoyed it, their last headline set didn't by most accounts set the world on fire.

*didn't by most accounts set efestivals on fire. In the outside world, it's seen as a resounding success and is talked about in glowing terms (including the setlist and crowd interaction, both of which have been weaker since). However, as I've said before, Arctic Monkeys in 2019 doesn't make much sense for either party. 2020 with a new album on the other hand, very much does.

Arctic Monkeys would probably be a good solution for them. They are big enough to carry the banner, still relevant as a headliner, would appease the indie crowd and would be newsworthy. 

Ive seen them three times so I wouldnt be much fussed to see them myself but I dont think they would be as devisive as Strokes or Gaga would be so if they are available its probably the safest booking they could make. 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Given that current state of play I'd be delighted with Arctic Monkeys. 

I know their previous attempts at headlining the Pyramid are lambasted regularly on here but as I've said before, they sounded great at TRNSMT last year 

I'd be up for a Pyramid rendition of Pretty Visitors...

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

In Rainbows v Funeral. Now that is a tough one... There's only one way to settle it:

File:Harry Hill Fight.jpeg

To be honest with you anyone of the Kings of Leon albums from the 00's would be up for the fight as well. For me... especially Aha Shake Hearbreak or Youth & Young Manhood

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Given that current state of play I'd be delighted with Arctic Monkeys. 

I know their previous attempts at headlining the Pyramid are lambasted regularly on here but as I've said before, they sounded great at TRNSMT last year 

I really enjoyed them at the O2 last year. My concern would be they either ditch the TBHC stuff (which I like) completely, or they do it and everyone talks through it while they're waiting for Dancefloor.

Oh fuck off Arctic Monkeys. We're not saying no to The Strokes and booking their shitter English cousins instead.

And they're more boring live than The Strokes were in 2011, never mind compared to The Strokes' supposedly better live shows now (I watched half of that Gov Ball 2016 set last night and it looked better than when I saw em).

I like Arctic Monkeys, but fuck off. Unless Chems are on at the same time.

Out of all the options, I'd bump up the Chems to headliner. They'd put on a better show than anyone mentioned (aside from Gaga, but I just don't see that happening at all). 

If you're going to end up with three "smaller" headliners than normal, may as well pick the one that would blow away the field. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Out of all the options, I'd bump up the Chems to headliner. They'd put on a better show than anyone mentioned (aside from Gaga, but I just don't see that happening at all). 

If you're going to end up with three "smaller" headliners than normal, may as well pick the one that would blow away the field. 

Could get on board with this for sure. 

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Fatboy Slim might do it, while we’re at it.

Have AM previously had the Saturday broadcast slot? I know last time they were Friday? I'm sure they'd take that ahead of a new 2020 album and BBC on board too.

I would take AM at this point, primarily because the other options being touted aren't great (bar Gaga maybe) and because I missed them in 2013 for Chic and Nile Rogers (absolutely no regrets - West Holts was a party scene)