2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Out of all the options, I'd bump up the Chems to headliner. They'd put on a better show than anyone mentioned (aside from Gaga, but I just don't see that happening at all). 

If you're going to end up with three "smaller" headliners than normal, may as well pick the one that would blow away the field. 

9 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Could get on board with this for sure. 

Ditto

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can’t believe the wheels fell off the Strokes train completely when someone suggested Arctic Monkeys fml

If they're operating a train with wheels, then it can't a be a huge surprise when they fall off

Edited by Homer

8 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Have AM previously had the Saturday broadcast slot? I know last time they were Friday? I'm sure they'd take that ahead of a new 2020 album and BBC on board too.

I would take AM at this point, primarily because the other options being touted aren't great (bar Gaga maybe) and because I missed them in 2013 for Chic and Nile Rogers (absolutely no regrets - West Holts was a party scene) 

Friday both times. There's no indication AM will be active this summer anyway. In fact, most sources are suggesting they won't. 

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can’t believe the wheels fell off the Strokes train completely when someone suggested Arctic Monkeys fml

Hahaha. I’m still onboard the strokes train with you buddy. I honestly don’t get why people wouldn’t want someone new to step up and play for the first time rather than another one of the Glastonbury house bands. I also like arctic Monkey’s but cmon, give Julian and the boys a chance. 

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Hahaha. I’m still onboard the strokes train with you buddy. I honestly don’t get why people wouldn’t want someone new to step up and play for the first time rather than another one of the Glastonbury house bands. I also like arctic Monkey’s but cmon, give Julian and the boys a chance. 

What I like to hear!

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

If they're operating a train with wheels, then it can't a be a huge surprise when they fall off

Trains have wheels mate.

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Guess we don't know when this Madison Square Garden date was gonna be, if there was one at all but there'd be no reason for them to cancel Bonnaroo for Glastonbury surely? Few weeks in between

No I feel like anyone would say that they’ve heard it’s Arctic Monkeys. Maybe if they’ve had specific info about stuff but they’re just two forum rumours compounded into one, and as you say it doesn’t make sense.

49 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Can I just scroll back a few posts and take issue with the fact that Gaga couldn't headline because she is doing a Vegas residency - what like Prince or Elvis or some such? 

I think it is more that American contracts are much tighter, such as Coachellas 'no play elsewhere for 9 months in a huge radius' clauses.

Given the Vegas hotel is spending millions on Gaga (and such shows) with the exclusivity of it being the only place to see the artists for the duration, then they might not what her playing a festival, one that has huge TV coverage. Previous residencies have been fairly locked down.

That said, Gaga has quite an open residency....infact residency is a bit of a misnomer when you look at the amount of gigs she's doing there....its more a set number of shows over 2 years than a typical residency which might be 2 or 3 a week.

3 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Id rather see Queens of the Stone Age be given a chance than Tame impala or Foals. Tame Impala are very boring live, when i saw them at the pyramid the other year It was a bit of a Snoozefest ( there not much better studio either)

Huh. I thought Tame Impala were loads of fun when I saw them live. Can't imagine anyone thinking their show was showing. I didn't see them at Glastonbury though so maybe it was a bad performance? At NOS it was party central when they played.