2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, Hawros said:

He said it was The Boss. For so many reasons discussed at length here, I don't believe it. He said 'wait until it's announced, then you will'.

There's no indication he'll even be active next summer, and having played far more shows this year than he has at any point since the 70s (albeit in fewer locations) I suspect that's because he's taking time off.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yeah my mates first reaction was “I want my money back”

Me: “You can get your money back”

He does know there's more than one stage, right?

One of my mates is super excited about it...we've also never seen a pyramid headliner together before (or, in fact, anything from Fri-Sun) so we made a little pact to go together. I am suspecting a Prodigy/Chems clash though...but as I'm on the way to Prodigy now I can take that. I can't however take a Jon Hopkins clash....

3 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I heard something last night from someone who was adamant he knew one of the headliners. 

I said it was pretty much nailed on, the 3 we know. He wouldn't let it go.

He said it was The Boss. For so many reasons discussed at length here, I don't believe it. He said 'wait until it's announced, then you will'.

Make of that what you will...

bruceheader1440.jpg

the only place i know of which 'knows' it's bruce also 'knows' it's the cure and macca.

I'm guessing they're feeling confused right now. :P 

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

One of my mates is super excited about it...we've also never seen a pyramid headliner together before (or, in fact, anything from Fri-Sun) so we made a little pact to go together. I am suspecting a Prodigy/Chems clash though...but as I'm on the way to Prodigy now I can take that. I can't however take a Jon Hopkins clash....

I went to see the Prodigy on Tuesday in Leeds. Not seen them for 20 odd years. Had to drive so no alcohol. They still rocked the gaff, great night. 

9 minutes ago, incident said:

There's no indication he'll even be active next summer, and having played far more shows this year than he has at any point since the 70s (albeit in fewer locations) I suspect that's because he's taking time off.

He doesn't take time off; it does bad things to him. Doesn't mean he'll tour though, I suppose.

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I went to see the Prodigy on Tuesday in Leeds. Not seen them for 20 odd years. Had to drive so no alcohol. They still rocked the gaff, great night. 

Awesome!! Did they play mostly old stuff or a lot of the new album? I am also considering making it a booze free evening but we'll see how that pans out....

50 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Why? Why would you say these things?

Edited by Stokesy10
cor spell proppa

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just about everyone has run the 'Stormzy confirmed' story, even the Guardian. The Guardian also says "Glastonbury festival organisers would not confirm the news to the Guardian", which is a little odd.

If they had the posters put up, why wouldn't they confirm it?

So they'll get their own engaging reach once they release on socials & site this evening?

Edited by CJTM
Tripped over my own sentence.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just about everyone has run the 'Stormzy confirmed' story, even the Guardian. The Guardian also says "Glastonbury festival organisers would not confirm the news to the Guardian", which is a little odd.

If they had the posters put up, why wouldn't they confirm it?

Well one of the posters seems to have been taken down for some strange reason. Strolled past the Oxfam in Streatham, which is where the London poster supposedly was about 30 minutes ago and nothing there.