rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’d destroy the Pyramid in their current guise with Adam Lambert. AL might not be Freddie but he does a damn fine job in his own right. It’s all there for a headline set for the ages - legendary band, charismatic lead singer, literally dozens of stone cold bangers that 90% of the crowd would know and lose their shit to, the prospect of a series of massive communal singalongs...

Just a shame about those darn badgers...

I’ve seen various incarnations of Queen over the years, and have to say the current one is the closest approximation of classic Queen. When they did the tours with Paul Rogers it didn’t feel like Queen at all. And you’re right about the badgers, Brian is a sensitive soul and I can’t imagine him kissing and making up on this one.

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’d destroy the Pyramid in their current guise with Adam Lambert. AL might not be Freddie but he does a damn fine job in his own right. It’s all there for a headline set for the ages - legendary band, charismatic lead singer, literally dozens of stone cold bangers that 90% of the crowd would know and lose their shit to, the prospect of a series of massive communal singalongs...

They wouldn't headline though, surely?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

if the cure can headine in 2019, then so can not-Queen.

Edited by eFestivals

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They're a tribute act!

*Flounces off*

I used to think like that, then I saw them and was convinced otherwise.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And if anyone suggests they play the "Sunday teatime slot" I'll, I'll, I'll...

*Head explodes*

Surely because they're Queen + Adam Lambert they get in on your Jeff Lynne's ELO ruling.

First ever The Legend's Not There Slot.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

if there's one thing im sure of on this thread its that the badgers won't headline 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because they're a good tribute act?

I couldn't bring myself to go see them without Freddie, it's just not Queen. After seeing Bohemian Rhapsody as well last week it's cemented this thought for me. Adam Lambert may well be amazing but you can't just replace Freddie and sing the songs he used to smash out of the park without sounding like a glorified tribute act or Karaoke band. 

• Upvote 1

At various times in my life I’ve agonised and pontificated over Queen and the Sun City thing and been very critical over Live Aid being used as a vehicle by several over-the-hill rockers to prolong their naff careers. Let alone the whole moral hypocrisy behind the whole event.

But, fuck me, what a performance. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because they're a good tribute act?

Why I oughtta!

<Shakes fist>

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Who gives a fuck what they are, it’d be two hours of wall to wall singalong bangers

Well the conclusion of that thinking would be to book tribute bands across the board, save a load of money, and we've have a "dream" line-up of Bootleg Beatles, Counterfeit Stones, Australian Pink Floyd, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, Zappa Plays Zappa, etc. etc.

6 minutes ago, billum said:

Well the conclusion of that thinking would be to book tribute bands across the board, save a load of money, and we've have a "dream" line-up of Bootleg Beatles, Counterfeit Stones, Australian Pink Floyd, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, Zappa Plays Zappa, etc. etc.

Image may contain: 3 people, people on stage and text

17 minutes ago, billum said:

This view reduces the other members to 'just' being Freddie Mercury's backing band, which isn't exactly accurate either.

If John 'Deaky' Deacon were to come back I think that would settle matters once and for all.

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Mad how Strokes are odds on with the Cure, surely they know something...

There will be about £150 worth of liquidity in those markets, I reckon. Wouldn’t read too much into it!

Everyone single person on this forum knows more about Glastonbury headliners than SkyBet or whoever it is!

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

There will be about £150 worth of liquidity in those markets, I reckon. Wouldn’t read too much into it!

Everyone single person on this forum knows more about Glastonbury headliners than SkyBet or whoever it is!

But surely they must know the rumours and news and dig deeper to offer the competitive odds. Why put the Strokes that high being odds on if there isn’t a fair amount of money to be made. They should know it’s unlikely