rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

8 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

If it's non UK i'm still thinking Gaga rather than Swifty

There is no evidence to suggest it thus meaning there's as much chance as Kendrick in reality.

1 hour ago, glastolover19 said:

Throwing my hat into the ring, The cure,Macca and Elton. Although I'm really hoping I'm completely wrong and 1 of them turns out to be ac/dc (before anyone starts I know it's a massive long shot but a guy can dream)

Elton's in Switzerland over Glastonbury weekend so won't happen.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

There is no evidence to suggest it thus meaning there's as much chance as Kendrick in reality.

Gaga's scheduled to play live next summer and was rumoured to show up a couple of years back.  On top of that she's starring in a movie filmed at the festival with Bradley Cooper, who's there every year and has also talked about playing next year.

Kendrick has just finished up all of his current touring plans.

44 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

True however nothing booked for the Friday

Looking at the dates of his tour, he's not playing 2 different venues on 2 consecutive nights at any point (as far as I can see).  Add to that his latter day issues with his voice and I would put him in the 'extremely unlikely' category for this year.  I'd be willing to place huge money on him headlining next year though.  His farewell tour runs through until at least October 2020

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gaga's scheduled to play live next summer and was rumoured to show up a couple of years back.  On top of that she's starring in a movie filmed at the festival with Bradley Cooper, who's there every year and has also talked about playing next year.

Kendrick has just finished up all of his current touring plans.

Exactly what I was just about to say. Gaga also has a gap at the end of June from her Vegas residency. 

The lack of rumours around the 3rd headliner, points to non-UK act* and almost certainly an act from the USA, which narrows the list considerably so I'm still sticking with Gaga. Won't hear anything for a while as the Vegas residency doesn't start until Dec but if I was a betting man, I'd timeline it all as such:

Late Dec : New album announced to coincide with start of Vegas residency. I'd hedge a bet it's called Enigma

Dec 28th. First date of Enigma residency in Vegas. 

Feb : Rescheduled European dates from 2018 announced for late June & July (with obvious Glastonbury gap) to coincide with the planned break of the Vegas residency

Apr : Announced as headliner, either before or after resale date.

Out of all the options, she still fits best for the Occam's razor principle. Active next year,  gap in her summer schedule that starts 2 weeks before Glastonbury, rescheduled tour dates outstanding, high profile due to ASIB and new album heavily rumoured for next year.

(Possibly Kendrick is in the mix if a new album is out next year)

* - the only other option is a UK act who may be releasing a new album in spring 2018 and planning to tour it in the summer. Given it wouldn't be a recent Glastonbury act, that suggests AM.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Liam Gallagher 7/4. Someone must know something. All hail the anti-beige.

I doubt it, The Strokes are 1/3 or something daft on skybet. If you can pounce at the right time there's money to be made, unless I'm missing something Betway have cocked up big time here. Or the rumours could be wrong I guess, certainly worth a punt in my eyes for the sake of £17

Betting suspended! I bet that 10/1 was actually  meant to be 1/10 or something!

Edited by Keithy
clarification

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Liam Gallagher 7/4. Someone must know something. All hail the anti-beige.

That could be potentially it:

Liam Gallagher

The Cure

Macca

Hmm. Two albums and Oasis songs should be enough. He is big enough but it’s the variety problem. 

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I doubt it, The Strokes are 1/3 or something daft on skybet. If you can pounce at the right time there's money to be made, unless I'm missing something Betway have cocked up big time here. Or the rumours could be wrong I guess, certainly worth a punt in my eyes for the sake of £17

Betting back open and Macca still 10/1. Got my bet back in for £8.88 Thanks for the heads up @mufcok

Not even got Gaga on the list - might drop them an email if their odds are that nuts

11 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Betting suspended! bet that 10/1 was meant to be 1/10!

How do you know that?

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

How do you know that?

Meant to say I bet it was meant to be 1/10. Either way 10/1 is crazy odds, must be a fuck up

Just now, Keithy said:

Meant to say I bet it was meant to be 1/10. Either way 10/1 is crazy odds, must be a fuck up

Ah right. Only a fuck up in that there's no method behind their odds I think. At least with skybet it seems to be partly accurate

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I got 7/2 just now - probs because of money from here.

Got £10 on Macca at 7/2. Couldn't get the account open quick enough to get 10/1. 

The Cure now at evens.

34 minutes ago, mufcok said:

https://sports.betway.com/en/sports/evt/2673736 

McCartney 10/1, The Cure 4/1. Max bet £8.88 per act (or it was for me), I've put £8.50 on each. 

Thanks mate. Managed to get £13.32 on each but unfortunately their odds had dropped to 7/2 and evens respectively. Will take that though.