rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

found it.

That's the one. I asked him about it, didn't get a reply mind you.

1 minute ago, glastolover19 said:

Throwing my hat into the ring, The cure,Macca and Elton. Although I'm really hoping I'm completely wrong and 1 of them turns out to be ac/dc (before anyone starts I know it's a massive long shot but a guy can dream)

You can’t have picked McCartney and Elton as your top two eight months before they get wheeled out on stage... the back-up plan would be trickier that the original.. you would have to give BUPA their own field for starters..

it would be like inviting Prince Phillip to be guest of honour at your retirement party... nice idea, but I’m only 59...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

That's the one. I asked him about it, didn't get a reply mind you.

he doesn't look like he'd have particular big connections, but then again it's not impossible he's heard something accurate.

I'm a bit doubtful of Bob Dylan as an IoW headliner in 2018 tho. 

I'm a bit doubtful of Bob Dylan as an IoW headliner in 2018 tho. 

ahhh ... I see Giddings suggested Dylan himself (tho not necessarily as headliner). It'd be 50 years from Dylan's appearance at the original.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ahhh ... I see Giddings suggested Dylan himself (tho not necessarily as headliner). It'd be 50 years from Dylan's appearance at the original.

I think it is Swift, Cure and Macca. Makes sense with most thins combined.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

I think it is Swift, Cure and Macca. Makes sense with most thins combined.

Hopefully a Swift clash with Tame Impala or Nine Inch. Night away from the pyramid.

7 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

You can’t have picked McCartney and Elton as your top two eight months before they get wheeled out on stage... the back-up plan would be trickier that the original.. you would have to give BUPA their own field for starters..

it would be like inviting Prince Phillip to be guest of honour at your retirement party... nice idea, but I’m only 59...

Ac/dc as the back up then,I'll take that,although either those 2 would would smash it regardless of needing to be wheeled out or not

I know that lad from my time at uni in Southampton and putting on gigs with my mate and I think I can safely say he knows nothing so I wouldn’t put any faith in it 

Given the 'iconic' festival comment about AM and the fact they've never done it and the Dylan 50 years thing, it's not out of the realms of possibility. Swift is still playing stadiums as of the summer just gone isn't she?

8 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I know that lad from my time at uni in Southampton and putting on gigs with my mate and I think I can safely say he knows nothing so I wouldn’t put any faith in it 

that's my general view after having had a google on him ... and yet he's from the iow, and giddings is known to talk about things, so i don't think its impossible he got something thru the grapevine.

that's my general view after having had a google on him ... and yet he's from the iow, and giddings is known to talk about things, so i don't think its impossible he got something thru the grapevine.

I was discussing this with my friend who also knows him and agreed he could potentially know something about IOW but I’d take it with a pinch of salt because as you’ve probably seen he’s hardly pulling in big names as a promoter and I’d say it’s more of a guessing game than an ITK 

What are the chances of Dylan deciding to do a couple of big shows where he decides to play the hits in a way that people actually want to hear? Only way I can see IOW and Hyde Park happening, really.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

What are the chances of Dylan deciding to do a couple of big shows where he decides to play the hits in a way that people actually want to hear? Only way I can see IOW and Hyde Park happening, really.

He could do his normal show at Hyde Park. It’s just a gig innit. IOW would probably be a poor fit, yeah.

Forgot that those two have shared in the past, as I only mentioned that as it contradicts this IOW fella’s info. Still don’t think he’s on the money like.

With AM, whether that 'iconic festival' comment was about a festival in this country or overseas.. surely they have to headline at least one UK festival in the summer? I'd be shocked if not, R+L or IOW 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@Brave Sir Robin has heard Dylan’s Hyde Park bound also.

edit: or that he’s ‘in the frame’. Didn’t mean to misquote.

seems pretty unlikely he'd be doing both Hyde park and ioW to me. Rival promoters for a start.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@Brave Sir Robin has heard Dylan’s Hyde Park bound also.

edit: or that he’s ‘in the frame’. Didn’t mean to misquote.

Yes I have, for BST. Nothing definite though.

9 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Slim, he’s fairly set in his ways. But heck, he’s Bob Dylan, he’s earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants! In fairness to him he always plays at least half a dozen biggies, in a nice if somewhat smooth manner.

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

With AM, whether that 'iconic festival' comment was about a festival in this country or overseas.. surely they have to headline at least one UK festival in the summer? I'd be shocked if not, R+L or IOW 

Not necessarily, they might rather just play their own gigs. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother playing anywhere in Europe next summer. I certainly don't see them at IOW, they've never bothered headlining there before, I'm not sure why they would start now when they can pretty much choose to play wherever they want.