Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

New headliner rumours or thoughts? Anyone? 

Kings   of Leon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Kings   of Leon

Behave. Nal's already got the meta-JJ200 thing covered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quark said:

Behave. Nal's already got the meta-JJ200 thing covered

no they're actually playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the current likelihood of Kendrick still being announced for that European festival he was expected for. Which therefore would make him more likely for Glastonbury? Whats the current interpretation of the 'damn' forum post from a few weeks back?

 

(Yes, I'm trying to drag the thread back into the world of relevance)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Yes, I'm trying to drag the thread back into the world of relevance

Good luck with that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whats the current likelihood of Kendrick still being announced for that European festival he was expected for. Which therefore would make him more likely for Glastonbury? Whats the current interpretation of the 'damn' forum post from a few weeks back?

 

(Yes, I'm trying to drag the thread back into the world of relevance)

@Little Andy I told you to keep pumping out those lists.....

they bring order and focus.

well, I for one am all for Mr Lamar... I wouldn’t know him from a kick up the arse but at least I wouldn’t have spend the night at The Pyramid every night which would be my concern if Gaga signs up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whats the current likelihood of Kendrick still being announced for that European festival he was expected for. Which therefore would make him more likely for Glastonbury? Whats the current interpretation of the 'damn' forum post from a few weeks back?

 

(Yes, I'm trying to drag the thread back into the world of relevance)

Rock Wercther still have two headliner(-ish) slots to fill, but one of them is likely to be a late night dance-y stage closer, and the other will be Editors because they play every other year. 

Not gonna happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Rock Wercther still have two headliner(-ish) slots to fill, but one of them is likely to be a late night dance-y stage closer, and the other will be Editors because they play every other year. 

Not gonna happen. 

Yay!  A relevant post! Thankyou!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

@Little Andy I told you to keep pumping out those lists.....

they bring order and focus.

I stopped cos I was just copying and pasting the exact same list. But, seeing as you ask ...

My thinking of 3rd headliner, in order of likelihood

1. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

2. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

3. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & SonsKendrick Lamar : They breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whats the current likelihood of Kendrick still being announced for that European festival he was expected for. Which therefore would make him more likely for Glastonbury? Whats the current interpretation of the 'damn' forum post from a few weeks back?

 

(Yes, I'm trying to drag the thread back into the world of relevance)

well, I've no idea on Kendrick, but I'm thinking that the lack of real ideas for the 3rd headliner is pointing to it being someone from outside the UK. For UK acts there tends to be something floating around, and there doesn't really seem to be anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

well, I've no idea on Kendrick, but I'm thinking that the lack of real ideas for the 3rd headliner is pointing to it being someone from outside the UK. For UK acts there tends to be something floating around, and there doesn't really seem to be anything.

So 1975 wouldn't be your vague favourite anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Little Andy said:

So 1975 wouldn't be your vague favourite anymore?

they're the one possible outsider to what I said, as I have heard something vague from someone who I know to normally be well informed. And yet...

I think if there was really anything to it, that rumour would be going round a lot more than it seems to be, because these things do tend to leak out in one way or another.

So while i'm not ruling it out entirely, I'm not really getting a feeling about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

they're the one possible outsider to what I said, as I have heard something vague from someone who I know to normally be well informed. And yet...

I think if there was really anything to it, that rumour would be going round a lot more than it seems to be, because these things do tend to leak out in one way or another.

So while i'm not ruling it out entirely, I'm not really getting a feeling about it. 

The guy is going to be right and unfortunately Miss Swift is going to be it isn't she.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

they're the one possible outsider to what I said, as I have heard something vague from someone who I know to normally be well informed. And yet...

I think if there was really anything to it, that rumour would be going round a lot more than it seems to be, because these things do tend to leak out in one way or another.

So while i'm not ruling it out entirely, I'm not really getting a feeling about it. 

You only got indication that they had been offered, rather than signed up, right? Maybe there’s trouble snaring a third name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You only got indication that they had been offered, rather than signed up, right? Maybe there’s trouble snaring a third name.

I don't think it'd be particularly unusual if all headliners weren't in place at this time of year, and yep, the lack of rumours could be because a deal hasn't yet been done.

But that could apply for any of the possible headliners, not just The 1975 - so that can't really be used as an indicator in any direction.

It is the case, tho, that a lack of rumours does usually mean non-UK. So that's the way I lean at the moment.

Edited by eFestivals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, new  thinking for 3rd headliner, in order of likelihood 

1. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her. And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

2. Lady Gaga,  Kendrick Lamar eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

3. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading? And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

4. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album. And eFestivals guesses it could be a non-UK act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing my hat into the ring, The cure,Macca and Elton. Although I'm really hoping I'm completely wrong and 1 of them turns out to be ac/dc (before anyone starts I know it's a massive long shot but a guy can dream)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

1. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her.

I missed this. Got any more details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I missed this. Got any more details?

Manager of a small band stated it was Macca, Cure and Swift. Forgot who...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Manager of a small band stated it was Macca, Cure and Swift. Forgot who...

found it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...