2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Someone on social mentioned The Killers, it's as good a suggestion as we have so far.

The issue without a was still going to be it looks weak with Stormzy headlining, without a huge act I can't see many making it a standout set of headliners.

It makes as much sense as any other suggestion so far.  The thing about The Killers is they’ll look good on TV and have a crowd of people that will sing every word to their songs.  The same cannot be said for Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes.  

30 minutes ago, sisco said:

It makes as much sense as any other suggestion so far.  The thing about The Killers is they’ll look good on TV and have a crowd of people that will sing every word to their songs.  The same cannot be said for Stormzy, The Cure and The Strokes.  

I went to see The Killers last year at a stadium gig and the crowd was average other than Brightside and Human.

Edited by beau1

20 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Having 2 headliners and a sub who played last time would be a bit odd

Not much different from the two years difference with the gap year of Mumford going from Other sub to headline the next edition. Primal Scream was similar too from Other sub to Pyramid sub...wanted by The Stones or not.

I know it is but let's be honest, they've took a big punt on Stormzy as he isn't a main stage headliner, I don't even think Reading would have give him that outright.

8 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

I’ve been working on the understanding Tame Impala will be headlining the Other one night. Based on no information by the way, purely on the fact they’re active, headlining festivals round the world, and don’t fit anywhere else on the farm after subbing Adele last time. 

Same.

And Kevin Parker’s slightly clumsy quotes last year seemed to confirm it.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tame-impala-chances-headlining-glastonbury-collaborating-arctic-monkeys-2358139

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Should be space for it somewhere being a world arts festival, maybe afternoon on west holts.

Actually I'd see some fun novelty like that as more of a proposition for Pyramid, Other, JPT or Park before WH really. But yeah, some K-Pop could go down well. IMHO the more variety you see in a given day, the better. When the acts are distinct from each other it means you feel renewed watching them and can remember what you saw afterwards.

1 hour ago, marcwilson87 said:

I think (hope) there is a good chance Neil Young could be a possibility? Different band than last time and as far as I know bst isn't an exclusive... 

Seems more plausable than the strokes imo

Keep this hype train in the station please, I don't want to go into fully Shakey-or-die mode and then get depressed when the Arctic Monkeys get announced.

Was there, loved it.

One way or another if it's Glastonbury or APE, get this into my summer schedule once more.

For the love of God Emily, if it means binning off Robert Smith and his sweaty arse, please please please

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

This may sound ridiculous, but Calvin Harris? I assume he would demand too high a fee and would rather rake it in in his Las Vegas residency slot all summer. 

If he was going to perform his tunes as live as possible with guest singers then I would be happy to see him headline.

As a dj he's not worth the money.

Imagine this. The way to make the Strokes the greatest headliner ever. Ignore arguing over the order, let's assume the Strokes are headlining and acknowledge fans of the other bands will argue they should sub.

Saturday Pyramid:

The Strokes

Interpol

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Vampire Weekend

Some other good stuff

A hangover and a bacon butty