2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Imagine this. The way to make the Strokes the greatest headliner ever. Ignore arguing over the order, let's assume the Strokes are headlining and acknowledge fans of the other bands will argue they should sub.

Saturday Pyramid:

The Strokes

Interpol

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Vampire Weekend

Some other good stuff

A hangover and a bacon butty

Blondie, Talking Heads, Parquet Courts yadayada.

Edited by The Placid Casual

VW were bigger than Interpol. I would say Interpol would be above them at this exact point in time, but surely VW wouldn't show without another record that would bump them up to 2. Not the point anyway. I'd just rather have VW fourth so I could have my tea during them and not miss the YYY's ?
Just how brilliant would it be? Unfortunately days that make sense are very really the remit of the Pyramid stage bookers and life just isn't that cool anymore. Maybe in the distant past Leeds could have puled that off, but these days very unlikely..

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

Imagine this. The way to make the Strokes the greatest headliner ever. Ignore arguing over the order, let's assume the Strokes are headlining and acknowledge fans of the other bands will argue they should sub.

Saturday Pyramid:

The Strokes

Interpol

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Vampire Weekend

Some other good stuff

A hangover and a bacon butty

Argue all you want haha, but Interpol and YYYs defo aren't subbing.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The vague Gaga BST rumour seems to be ?. So less of a reason for her to swing by Europe on her break from the Vegas shows. Unless you would’ve said that’d rule her out - if so, go nuts.

She could come over to show this lot who the actual biggest act from New York City is.

5 minutes ago, zico martin said:

So if she doesnt play BST then she's more likely for glasto, or the opposite?  Im getting confused now.

Would love to see the strokes btw but i cant see them headlining the pyramid.

If she’s playing BST, then that gap isn’t just a rest and she’s coming and getting some money while she does Glasto fer peanuts. If she doesn’t do any other gigs she’s playing Glasto probably at a loss or something when you factor in the bells and the whistles lol.

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If she’s playing BST, then that gap isn’t just a rest and she’s coming and getting some money while she does Glasto fer peanuts. If she doesn’t do any other gigs she’s playing Glasto probably at a loss or something when you factor in the bells and the whistles lol.

So we want her to play BST then, when's it announced?