2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If Ed Sheeran can headline with his wet shite, so can Ezra.

This musical regression is fucked up. It's like the Beatles are morphing into a skiffle band like Benjamin Button. George Ezra pretty much is fucking George Formby. Can't wait for the "When I'm Cleaning Windows" tour...

1 minute ago, charliejones said:

Possibility of The Cure being ruled out of headlining this year? Looking at Rock Werchters line up, they're playing the Friday (27th) there. Could this be all hope gone? However, Janelle Monae also playing that day, so maybe they're booked there for a reason?

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 23.39.35.png

They're playing the Sunday bud.

17 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If The Strokes aren't billed as UK festival exclusives at All Points East, then they're pretty much nailed on for Glastonbury aren't they? Surely theres nowhere else in the UK left for them to go?

They may not use it as a marketing tool...

31 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If The Strokes aren't billed as UK festival exclusives at All Points East, then they're pretty much nailed on for Glastonbury aren't they? Surely theres nowhere else in the UK left for them to go?

No not necessarily. They don’t always put that. The only time I’ve seen it used at APE was The National, but I’m p sure Nick Cave and Bjork didn’t end up elsewhere, and it looks unlikely that Bon Iver will either.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is there a contingency cheque book scenario where the festival ups the offer to a desired act if they've been left in the lurch by someone else?  Can they double their offer to say, Madonna, if Macca bails? Or offer to make a sizable donation to her Malawi charity?

No they just get on the red phone to Chris Martin who does it for peanuts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

They may well have had a headliner booked all along and we simply don’t know who it is rather than contigencies etc

Yep we’re all assuming Macca was in the picture until recently when in fact that may have never been the case and he’s instead lined up for next year, with us having crossed wires like we’ve had in the past (Coldplay supergroup 2015 = Coldplay in 2016. Radiohead being there in 2016 = Radiohead in 2017). Or he was never lined up at all and it was misinformation like we’ve also had a lot of.

Likewise for The Strokes gossip.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think I've seen them cos I was away, but were there not some tweets about Macca being in the picture and then falling through - then being replaced by a solo artiste?

Yeah something about him falling through and the replacement being a solo artist who they suspected some people wouldn’t be a big fan of. Sounds like a pop star/non-traditional guitar act to me.

Yeah sounds like somebody who was probably expected to ask for big bucks. Guess it just depends on how much Glastonbury pride themselves on their yearly marquee names or if they’d rather save the cash and go elsewhere, or just how much this solo act was asking for. Madge = a shitload. Gaga = not so much I imagine.