2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There is no magic money tree.

They pulled money from somewhere for the Stones.

I’d imagine Gaga is the obvious candidate if we’re gonna believe that person seeing as she’s already touring and has Glastonbury free. Getting Madge to up and start touring seems like a big long shot. 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d imagine Gaga is the obvious candidate if we’re gonna believe that person seeing as she’s already touring and has Glastonbury free. Getting Madge to up and start touring seems like a big long shot. 

Tend to agree.

Also must have missed Ariana Grande being in Canada that weekend.

3 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

We send the EU £350 million a week. Why not spend it on Madge instead? 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

We send the EU £350 million a week. Why not spend it on having 3,500 troops on the streets and martial law instead?

Which one has the worse come down?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Nothing about them being an exclusive (I don’t think?) but it would be odd for them to headline both due to the size different of each festivals general headliners.

That’s what I’m thinking.

Too big to sub and I don’t see them headlining other stage (I guess Killers were the exception recently for smaller stage headliner)

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nothing about them being an exclusive (I don’t think?) but it would be odd for them to headline both due to the size different of each festivals general headliners.

I don’t think that rules them out. APE is a one off gig in reality plus Glastonbury aren’t going to not pick someone because of their placement somewhere else. Beyoncé headlines in 2011 but subbed T in the Park. 

1 minute ago, strummer77 said:

I don’t think that rules them out. APE is a one off gig in reality plus Glastonbury aren’t going to not pick someone because of their placement somewhere else. Beyoncé headlines in 2011 but subbed T in the Park. 

TITP’s lineup that year was ludicrously strong and they had many headliner sized/big acts playing in lower slots (The Strokes amongst them). Beyoncé was still a major headliner act by all accounts. The Strokes in 2019, not so much. But it’d be silly to totally rule them out as if the McCartney pulling out news is true then Glastonbury clearly had to go somewhere. I just don’t see it being to The Strokes, myself, unless they were REALLY out of options. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

TITP’s lineup that year was ludicrously strong and they had many headliner sized/big acts playing in lower slots (The Strokes amongst them). Beyoncé was still a major headliner act by all accounts. The Strokes in 2019, not so much. But it’d be silly to totally rule them out as if the McCartney pulling out news is true then Glastonbury clearly had to go somewhere. I just don’t see it being to The Strokes, myself, unless they were REALLY out of options. 

I don’t see it being The Strokes but I’m just saying the idea that their slot at another festival rules them out of contention isn’t really true. Especially as they seemingly aren’t down as an exclusive. I think people are premature with their joy/misery

Edited by strummer77