2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I really don't get the Gaga thing. 

Am I right in thinking the main reason for thinking it could be her is because it's likely Bradley Cooper will be playing The Park? If there's nothing else substantial then there's really as much (or as little) chance of it being her as it is any of the other unlikely suggestions. She just feels more realistic cause she's got a lot of support on these boards and keeps getting mentioned in hope rather then expection.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Am I right in thinking the main reason for thinking it could be her is because it's likely Bradley Cooper will be playing The Park? If there's nothing else substantial then there's really as much (or as little) chance of it being her as it is any of the other unlikely suggestions. She just feels more realistic cause she's got a lot of support on these boards and keeps getting mentioned in hope rather then expection.

True but there's nothing substantial for any of the others in the frame either. 

So until then we are all guessing/hoping. 

Edited by Doug85
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think there are a few little things that in isolation mean little but when added together - Cooper, the gap in her Vegas residency, her strange "am I allow to talk about that?" last festival, the cancelled tour from last year...

I really don’t want it to be strokes personally. But. 

Could stormzy, cure, strokes fit the Micky Eavis comment of 2/3 never played [headlined] before? Or is that pinch of salt? 

I agree, that could still be the likes of Madge, LDR, Gaga etc. 

Just a thought!

do agree with Neil though, if radio one had info of a headliner, grimshaw would break his neck to make sure it was ‘headliner’ gossip, makes good radio I presume ?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think there are a few little things that in isolation mean little but when added together - Cooper, the gap in her Vegas residency, her strange "am I allow to talk about that?" last festival, the cancelled tour from last year...

Mate that was in October 2016. I highly doubt she was referring to Glastonbury 2019.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Let’s face it, there’s nothing to suggest Gaga is in the running other than a gap in her Vegas residency, the fact that her co-star in ASIB is a regular and the optimism of some here. It’s not as if she’s got any other shows lined up.

well, to be fair, that puts her about as much in the frame as the strokes are, as the last thing we know they're doing before to Glasto has them in the states too.

It might be the strokes, but I wouldn't say there's anything to indicate them as front runners at the mo, just stuff that suggests they're not impossible.

As for any "someone said..." stuff, that's down for whether you choose to believe one person more than another.

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I would be shocked if it was Gaga. Not one gossipy person has mentioned her name. I tend to trust that when people gossip, they aren’t making it up from nowhere, but maybe that’s just me.

Usually a lot less gossip about american acts though. There isnt really any gossip about anyone atm

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Usually a lot less gossip about american acts though. There isnt really any gossip about anyone atm

Yeah this year it has been remarkably quiet on all fronts. There wasn’t really much press around Stormzy before he was announced either! It didn’t get going until emily dropped a serious hint. Also there’s been jack shit about the Cure outside these boards.

On second thought, that does make me think it might be the strokes. I can’t imagine that info about them playing would extend furher out than their camp. If someone like Madonna is booked that’s usually info people get excited to share and send to the press.