Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

now you've started it, i like(d) the Glastallica one where they printed the negative press articles on the back of folks not wanting metal/them at Glastonbury, a great two finger salute along with the fox hunting video at the start of their set that never seemed to make it to TV coverage

To be fair I think Metallica made those ones themselves and they were pretty cool.

Glastos own gear has a lot of dark colours, browns, greys, blues, greens. Agree with some of the other ppl on here, not a big fan of these ones, kind of dull and boring - definitely one of the weakest points of the whole festival

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, it's really really not.

It's of no relevance or relationship to any parts of the announcement process, which is what the thingy details.

I get that it's interesting in itself - but there's nothing further to it, that needs mixing into anything else, or documenting as "on this day they did that".

He's not wrong. Could you imagine next year, On this day in 2017 a not previously seen before logo was featured on an email about press passes.

48 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

He's not wrong. Could you imagine next year, On this day in 2017 a not previously seen before logo was featured on an email about press passes.

I don't start getting excited until the new header is sent out on a staff/press mass email.

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Not do The Park march though, Will.

I bought two really lovely Park t-shirts last year. And that was because I had been stupid and gone up to buy two in 2015 on the Sunday only to find they'd sold out. On the Sunday. Who'd have thunk it?

They're made with lovely ethical cotton, are excellent cut, fit and quality - which is partly why I was drawn to them in 2015 as I'm a t-shirt obsessive** with very strict criteria as to what is and what is not acceptable. Slightly annoyingly, the 2015 design was even nicer than last year's...

Ben

**Which reminds me that it will not be long until I start to make the long-list of t-shirts from which the Final Five® for GF2017 will be chosen. And it's a cut-throat process at Ben Towers, I can tell you...

:)

I have to say Ben, I'm utterly shocked you're a t-shirt snob :lol:

But you're dead right about the Park t-shirts. I got a red one in 2015 and it's a really great shirt. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I have to say Ben, I'm utterly shocked you're a t-shirt snob :lol:

But you're dead right about the Park t-shirts. I got a red one in 2015 and it's a really great shirt. 

You bugger, parxy...

It was two red 2015 t shirts that I went up to buy on the Sunday morning!!

Ben

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ever see a guy say goodbye to a shoe before?

Which leads to the eternal question: when Homer says 'Yes once!'  is he saying he has seen it before then or is he talking about seeing it right now? 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

18 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Which leads to the eternal question: when Homer says 'Yes once!'  is he saying he has seen it before then or is he talking about seeing it right now? 

i fell out irreparably with a guy on my degree in 2010 over this. there were some underlying tensions probably at the core of the falling out but i like to think that's what did for it in the end