Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

I wasn't there 2016 but the mud on TV when people arrived looked fucking depressing. I've never been when it's been awful the whole time, but there have been spels. Was there when Rudimental got called off and the heavens opened. I'm also a guy who doesn't like it when it's baking either. Too hot and I can't drink so much or stand in the blinding sun for too long. Just give me a balance please

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

does this thread need closing, as it's only drivel now?

Maybe, but I think it'll soon get back on track as we get into the second half of March and the first poster reveal gets closer. 

There's now a dedicated weather thread to take that away so erm...

In the last two years we've had headliners announced on 16th & 18th March. Could we get something this week?

Have you heard any rumblings, Neil? Do you think end of the month or sooner?

We could probably do with some analysis of previous years, how long from when Emily says 'soon' until they actually release anything.

I think we'll get something this month but towards the end. Starting to think they'll announce Ed separately though to get double the publicity. 

5 minutes ago, IanBelfast said:

I was getting excited that we'd get an announcement on the 100-days-to-go date - which is tomorrow!
But I have absolutely zero evidence behind this - just vain hope.

Just realised I got my maths wrong. 100d has already happened, it's not tomorrow!
Oh well - just have to be patient I suppose.

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, and unlike the wonders of facebook glasto chat, I don't do bullshit by making up falsies.

My guess is that they'll be nothing before April, tho it's quite possible i'll be wrong with that.

I passed on a rumour I heard. I made it clear where it came from, and the fact I had no idea whether there was any supporting knowledge to back it up. It turned out to be wrong. No need to be snide about it.

Its all gone very quiet since the Foos announcement/Gig a few weeks back. No self announcements, no strong rumours appearing etc, everything has slowed right down as festival season gets very near. Im hoping that this is the eiree calm you get just before the storm, then all of a sudden out of nowhere we all wake up one morning to a line up poster. Its so frustrating not knowing, but thats all apart of the charm and excitement of the festival.

Looking at the calendar however, ive got a feeling it will drop on Wednesday 29th. 

Edited by Familiar2billions

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I passed on a rumour I heard. I made it clear where it came from, and the fact I had no idea whether there was any supporting knowledge to back it up. It turned out to be wrong. No need to be snide about it.

WTF? :lol:

I'll free free to take the piss out of bullshitters, thanks. :)

If you want to take that bullshit onto yourself when I didn't mention you, the shit on your head is your own doing.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

WTF? :lol:

I'll free free to take the piss out of bullshitters, thanks. :)

If you want to take that bullshit onto yourself when I didn't mention you, the shit on your head is your own doing.

So, you weren't talking about the rumour I passed on about Friday, then? What were you referring to, if you don't mind me asking?