Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Looking to be Flaming Lips this year though which which is infinitely better (which is what I think they were getting at).

I did consider that but decided it was just them saying in general they'd rather be at the JP. In that case fair enough (although still feels pointless to criticise the Sheeran booking tbh).

Same for Groove Armada Fri night 2010. They had the whole tent packed and rocking - it was a fantastic dance. Altho prob the John Peel is a bit too dry for me in general, GA finally made the the John Peel fun. Some great bands there too - just a shame it's so damn far away. Can't always nip there so easily for the one or two bands I would potentially like

Just now, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Same for Groove Armada Fri night 2010. They had the whole tent packed and rocking - it was a fantastic dance. Altho prob the John Peel is a bit too dry for me in general, GA finally made the the John Peel fun. Some great bands there too - just a shame it's so damn far away. Can't always nip there so easily for the one or two bands I would potentially like

Can't say I went there much last year but it seemed a significant improvement over the previous years I'd been, although yeah, much like the Park the distance away from everything else means I end up missing more stuff there than seeing it unless it's a must see or I have a free schedule (which doesn't happen often).

1 minute ago, Winslow Leach said:

Oh is it? Where did that info come from?

A bit me (and others) putting 2 and 2 together so no getting your hopes up, but they've got shows in the area on the Saturday and JP headliner seems like the best fit, so assuming they're not gonna be put up against their pals Radiohead on the Friday, Sunday it is! Might end up being elsewhere on the bill (some have said high Other), but I'm pretty confident that's where they'll end up.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

A bit me (and others) putting 2 and 2 together so no getting your hopes up, but they've got shows in the area on the Saturday and JP headliner seems like the best fit, so assuming they're not gonna be put up against their pals Radiohead on the Friday, Sunday it is! Might end up being elsewhere on the bill (some have said high Other), but I'm pretty confident that's where they'll end up.

Yeah it's the only place I could imagine them tbh.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though bands not clashing because they're 'pals' is a bit of a shoogly peg to hang your hat on.

Being pals maybe, but more than likely sharing a big crossover fanbase is usually a good indicator of two acts not clashing if it can be avoided, and I assume that's the case for these two.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I have someone tell me - who claims to know - that Ed will be announced on Thursday.

I've no idea if that's correct or not, but if he's being announced on Thursday a few peeps outside of the fest would know about it, so it's not impossible what i've been told is right.

More excited by how they'll announce it than the announcement itself - hope it continues this years trend of going all-out with it rather than it just being plonked on the lineup page.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I have someone tell me - who claims to know - that Ed will be announced on Thursday.

I've no idea if that's correct or not, but if he's being announced on Thursday a few peeps outside of the fest would know about it, so it's not impossible what i've been told is right.

It definitely feels like it's in the post.....

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

More excited by how they'll announce it than the announcement itself - hope it continues this years trend of going all-out with it rather than it just being plonked on the lineup page.

He's doing a charity thing at the RAH on March 28th, if it turns out nothing happens on Thursday that's when I'm expecting it 

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

With the Ed hype and tour dates out the bag, I'm not surprised by this. Roll on Thursday!

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I presume it will be a 2 hour video of him painting a wall and watching it dry 

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm surprised he's not TBC on the line up page yet!

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

If true, I wonder if it will have any impact on the first poster dropping this month?

Yeah if it's just an Ed announcement coming then it may squelch hope of the poster also coming this month, although we only got Foos a couple of weeks ago so here's hoping it's stuff coming thick and fast this month.