Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

We got our tickets for last year on ticket day in October 2015 on a flight back from Australia using Singapore Airlines WIFI. Best $13.95 ever spent

No way, thats cool. Hope you danced round the plane and took extra advantage of the free booze! 

27 minutes ago, swede said:

I can't believe people on here still pay attention to the singles chart. 

I can't believe any people would pay attention to the singles chart, does it really mean anything anymore?

38 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

I'm not sure I've recovered from last years rollercoaster.

If you go every year, it's constant state of recovery. Seems most years are a rollercoaster - I'm just waiting for the first instalment of gavsweathervids when he says 'at this stage of the game we're two months out and really haven't got a clue, but the good news is the weather charts are pointing toward a heatwave (or something equally as speculative / doom laden'.

Cue the conversations about the terror of a 2010 hot festival.

As long as it doesn't rain it's arse off for the preceding 2 weeks this time, I'll take that as a healthy start.

2 hours ago, swede said:

I can't believe people on here still pay attention to the singles chart. 

Commenting on something that has been quite prominent in the news (and rightly so) doesn't mean that someone is paying attention to or valuing the singles chart.

Edited by EamerRed

5 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

We got our tickets for last year on ticket day in October 2015 on a flight back from Australia using Singapore Airlines WIFI. Best $13.95 ever spent

I was flying from Amsterdam in 2014 (for G 2015) most stressful flight in memory. Friends didn't manage to get hardly any that year, but luckily me and a friend got ours two weeks before in the secret see tickets resale.

Best rush, ever

8 hours ago, justperfect said:

That video of the ground wobbling like a jelly 3 days out sealed the deal for me. I knew it was going to be a mud bath of epic proportions from that moment

That was a real scary horror film, at that point my packing started to look like I was entering some kind of post apocalyptic world.

11 hours ago, Jugtanion said:

If you go every year, it's constant state of recovery. Seems most years are a rollercoaster - I'm just waiting for the first instalment of gavsweathervids when he says 'at this stage of the game we're two months out and really haven't got a clue, but the good news is the weather charts are pointing toward a heatwave (or something equally as speculative / doom laden'.

Cue the conversations about the terror of a 2010 hot festival.

As long as it doesn't rain it's arse off for the preceding 2 weeks this time, I'll take that as a healthy start.

Fucking Gav! That video where he said something along the lines of "The GFS says it might be 20 degrees, but you could easily see that being 24,25,26 every day" with seemingly absolutely no evidence for the optimism, which disappeared faster than the grass around Arcadia in the next report.

What a knobhead.

I'll still be watching.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

42 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fucking Gav! That video where he said something along the lines of "The GFS says it might be 20 degrees, but you could easily see that being 24,25,26 every day" with seemingly absolutely no evidence for the optimism, which disappeared faster than the grass around Arcadia in the next report.

What a knobhead.

I'll still be watching.

More than every year I've been, last years weather thread was full of massive swings. Two weeks out it was predicting a heatwave one day to mud bath the next. We know how that turned out! Oddly for me the weather was the worst but the festival was brilliant 

19 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

More than every year I've been, last years weather thread was full of massive swings. Two weeks out it was predicting a heatwave one day to mud bath the next. We know how that turned out! Oddly for me the weather was the worst but the festival was brilliant 

2016 was one of the very favourite Glasto's that I've been to. Challenging but a lot of fun.

45 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I've given up being optimistic about the weather these days, June just seems to be so changeable and humid. I'll just pack wellies and sun cream and stick my head out of the tent each morning to check which one I'll be needing that day

Probably both.

We've all learnt its the rain before not during that is the issue, as in two solid weeks worth before is definitely a very bad thing indeed. It didn't really rain too much during the festival, but as the ground was already so royaly fucked every time it looked like it might be starting to dry out a bit it rained again and turned it to shit.

I reckon if we had the same amount of rain as last year during the festival but hardly any before it would be absolutely fine.

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

We've all learnt its the rain before not during that is the issue, as in two solid weeks worth before is definitely a very bad thing indeed. It didn't really rain too much during the festival, but as the ground was already so royaly fucked every time it looked like it might be starting to dry out a bit it rained again and turned it to shit.

I reckon if we had the same amount of rain as last year during the festival but hardly any before it would be absolutely fine.

No we haven't.  If it pisses it down during the festival, it gets muddy and you get rained on.   If it rains beforehand, it's just muddy.  Agreed that rain beforehand can make the mud much worse, but it didn't rain on us all that much during 2016, not unless you're out at Ben'o Clock.

If we had the rain before 2016 during 2016, that would have been an utter nightmare, even if it was bone dry on the Wednesday.  2007 was lovely and dry when the gates opened, that did not turn out well.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No we haven't.  If it pisses it down during the festival, it gets muddy and you get rained on.   If it rains beforehand, it's just muddy.  Agreed that rain beforehand can make the mud much worse, but it didn't rain on us all that much during 2016, not unless you're out at Ben'o Clock.

If we had the rain before 2016 during 2016, that would have been an utter nightmare, even if it was bone dry on the Wednesday.  2007 was lovely and dry when the gates opened, that did not turn out well.

it rained pretty heavily on Saturday (i think) in 2015 but i was back in trainers by late afternoon, because the ground wasn't already completely waterlogged so recovered very quickly. I also seem to remember the Wednesday of 2016 being a pretty nice day, and sadly I also remember being stuck in traffic for 12 hours that day, and I still didn't manage to get into the campervan fields until the following day because of the ground conditions caused by weather before not during the festival.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It does appear to be starting of its own accord on here.

More of a 'wash up' meeting really. 

Edit: I never consider the Weather Thread as truly consummated until @The Nalproclaims "We're all doomed"

Edited by Woffy