Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I bought a t shirt in 2015 with the lineup on the back and logo on the front. The logo and  lineup looked fine - but the t shirt was a horrendous shade of grey/green/brown. I bought the T shirt on the last day because it had a reduction, I've never worn it in public.

It's one thing the festival NEVER gets right. I think they employ the same design team in charge at Marks & Spencer. I reckon they'd sell a lot more merch if the designs/colours were better

yea not fan at all off the t-shirts, the fit is terrible and the colours wierd. feels like they bulk buy 10 000 of the cheapest tees and just print the prints. 

why not step it up, have organic materials, and charge the added costs.

but then again most if not all band/tour/festival merch I bought is the same thing. I mean at H&M at 15 gbp you can get a basic, clean, good-fitted tee.

I am/was quite small. In 2015 I bought the larger kids t-shirt, as the small adult one was just drowning me. The kds one, although a little tighter than I'd normally wear, seemed to fit ok. However,  I tried it on the other day as I have put on a little bit of weight and the result was hilarious haha

23 minutes ago, alexmckenzie said:

Waaaaaay off on a tangent, but: I think the best piece of Glasto-related merch I've encountered in my years of attendance was The Rolling Stones' Grrrrrr-lastonbury T-shirt back in 2013. 

now you've started it, i like(d) the Glastallica one where they printed the negative press articles on the back of folks not wanting metal/them at Glastonbury, a great two finger salute along with the fox hunting video at the start of their set that never seemed to make it to TV coverage

12 minutes ago, not worthy said:

now you've started it, i like(d) the Glastallica one where they printed the negative press articles on the back of folks not wanting metal/them at Glastonbury, a great two finger salute along with the fox hunting video at the start of their set that never seemed to make it to TV coverage

Yeah I wanted one of these but I've stopped buying gig/festival t-shirts as I never wear them and they just end up a waste of money. There was some cool Kanye merch too in 2015 iirc. It's the actual Glasto merch (specifically clothing) that's awful, though, rather than the specific artist ones, which I assume come from them rather than the festival.

16 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Made it to youtube though...

Edited by strummer77

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I've got some lovely Glastonbury mugs, apart from that I get a new hammock every few years as mine gets worn out or broken from multiple children or drunk people swinging in it.

They sell Glastonbury branded hammocks?

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I wanted one of these but I've stopped buying gig/festival t-shirts as I never wear them and they just end up a waste of money. There was some cool Kanye merch too in 2015 iirc. It's the actual Glasto merch (specifically clothing) that's awful, though, rather than the specific artist ones, which I assume come from them rather than the festival.

Not do The Park march though, Will.

I bought two really lovely Park t-shirts last year. And that was because I had been stupid and gone up to buy two in 2015 on the Sunday only to find they'd sold out. On the Sunday. Who'd have thunk it?

They're made with lovely ethical cotton, are excellent cut, fit and quality - which is partly why I was drawn to them in 2015 as I'm a t-shirt obsessive** with very strict criteria as to what is and what is not acceptable. Slightly annoyingly, the 2015 design was even nicer than last year's...

Ben

**Which reminds me that it will not be long until I start to make the long-list of t-shirts from which the Final Five® for GF2017 will be chosen. And it's a cut-throat process at Ben Towers, I can tell you...

:)

43 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I am/was quite small. In 2015 I bought the larger kids t-shirt, as the small adult one was just drowning me. The kds one, although a little tighter than I'd normally wear, seemed to fit ok. However,  I tried it on the other day as I have put on a little bit of weight and the result was hilarious haha

I know what I expect to see you wearing at the eFests meet then :lol:

16 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ignore. Talking out of my arse

Done ;)

Just now, Untz said:

There needs to be tea towels.

I have a Mik Artistik tea towel, a Bestival tea towel and two Field Day tea towels. As well as tea towels from the British Museum and a Portobello Road gin one.

Tea towels are definitely the thing to collect.

I bought a Glastonbury tea towel last year.