Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah if it's just an Ed announcement coming then it may squelch hope of the poster also coming this month, although we only got Foos a couple of weeks ago so here's hoping it's stuff coming thick and fast this month.

When Adele announced we still had the poster before the end of the month.

In fact, Foos announced two days earlier than Muse did, Thursday will be two days earlier than Adele announced. Last year's poster came out on the 29th so the first line up announcement should be the 27th. :D

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

In fact, Foos announced two days earlier than Muse did, Thursday will be two days earlier than Adele announced. Last year's poster came out on the 29th so the first line up announcement should be the 27th. :D

Sticking with this reasoning until it's proven right/wrong.

I doubt we will get the line up to at least until the rest of the money is due like most years it will be that final push the publicise the fesival and as I have already paid for all my ticket I'm not that targeted audience haha still get me fidgety not knowing! 

Edited by liamglastocrowhurst1

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well it would certainly brighten up a Monday!

45 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Reading your posts is like a daily lesson in weird Scottish words for me.

Now I know what CCR were referring to in Keep on shoogling!

Shoogly Peg is one of my favourites. Particularly tends to be used when discussing football managers who may be on their way out, as in:

"His jaiket's oan a shoogly peg"

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

I had my first Glasto anxiety dream of the year last night (forgot wellies and every stall was sold out of them... mud like last year and I only had converse with me) which means line-up time must be close!!

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think most people were predicting final headliner middle of the month and first poster last week of March, looks like we're on track.

Doesn't look like the legend is getting a seperate announcement this year. Surely if it was D-Ross then they would have?

Unless Diana gets a separate announcement and Ed gets announced with the poster?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't say I went there much last year but it seemed a significant improvement over the previous years I'd been, although yeah, much like the Park the distance away from everything else means I end up missing more stuff there than seeing it unless it's a must see or I have a free schedule (which doesn't happen often).

Echo those comments, it's definitely in a much better location now. It seems a lot more roomy outside for meeting mates etc and i also like the fact that you can go hang out in the new woods area and get a pint if you have a time to kill before a band comes on. The distance of course is the downside but its only a minor one i guess.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wouldn't have said Diana Ross would be any more or less newsworthy than Bazza.  They're about level pegging, I'd say.

I would disagree, I'd say D-Ro would be a bigger story. In terms of musical output they're level, but Ross has more "star power" in the eyes of the press IMO.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It would be a huge shock if Ed didn't get his own announcement given that the other two headliners did and him arguably being the biggest story of the three.

I get him being a bigger story than Foos (considering they were meant to play 2 years ago) but how can you say Ed playing is a bigger story than Radiohead?! :blink:

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't say I went there much last year but it seemed a significant improvement over the previous years I'd been, although yeah, much like the Park the distance away from everything else means I end up missing more stuff there than seeing it unless it's a must see or I have a free schedule (which doesn't happen often).

Felt the whole set up of the JP stage was much improved last year, assisted by The Wood area opposite. But felt overall the calibre of acts booked to played the stage was down on previous years, and played to the tent being slightly reduced in size. A curious decision as the move was meant to alleviate big crowds and improve safety away from the main road.

Be interested to see who they get this year and whether it was a coincidence or if they are tailoring the acts to the new surroundings.

10 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I get him being a bigger story than Foos (considering they were meant to play 2 years ago) but how can you say Ed playing is a bigger story than Radiohead?! :blink:

Because as much as I love Radiohead, Ed Sheeran is arguably the biggest act on the planet right now, and him headlining Glastonbury for the first time will be a massive deal.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because as much as I love Radiohead, Ed Sheeran is arguably the biggest act on the planet right now, and him headlining Glastonbury for the first time will be a massive deal.

Why did you have to say that (in bold)?

Surely one and done.

33 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Let's put it into context, Kasabian have sold tickets better for their day gig at the new Scottish Festival than Radiohead! One haa played there probably 3 times in 7/8 years approx and one has probably not played there one in that time.

Radiohead don't really have a wide fan spectrum, you either like or don't. 

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I would disagree, I'd say D-Ro would be a bigger story. In terms of musical output they're level, but Ross has more "star power" in the eyes of the press IMO.

John Oliver certainly seems to have his doubts regarding the newsworthiness of the Brothers Gibb. (Should start at around 3:45)

Baz Gibb is a third of the act he was famous for and was there last year in a similar role - contributing.

Di Ro is famous as a solo singer or the lead singer with a backing group, and who hasn't been there before.

I'd say she would be headline news, whilst Bazza will be a mention. 

I think the fact that gibb has already played the festival means that announcing him is nothing important 

he'l be slotted in on the first poster, it'l get a good reaction from people but it's not worthy of an individual announcement

lionel, Dolly, Jeff Lynne have never played before / garner more press so that makes them newsworthy!

Edited by Matt42