Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

50 minutes ago, Quark said:

There's a Dan Brown book in this somewhere

#theglastonburycode

"Michael Eavis is found murdered, his body contorted into the shape of a Pyramid. Tom Hanks and Emily Eavis race against time across the leylines from the John Peel Stage to Croissant Neuf to uncover the truth about Jesus or something. All the while persued by a deranged Melvin Benn..."

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Is there only me who goes there for the music? I won't lie, most of the other stuff does not interest me in the slightest. Don't get me wrong, Arcadia impressed me the 1st time I seen it. Yet nothing I have seen at Glastonbury has ever had a lasting effect on me.

I think that's the glories of Glastonbury it is different things to different people. I like the Music but if I was there alone without my friends I most likely wouldn't go a sit's my friends that make it for me just as much as the music and all the other things going on 

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, EamerRed said:

After the initial excitement this week from Green Day things seem to have got quieter.

Can someone make up a rumour please?

I've heard a rumour that Radiohead are going to pull to of playing Glastonbury due to no1 actually liking them.....

1 hour ago, Fladog said:

Thanks, im just waiting nervously for the Radiohead masses to attack me for trying to start such a rumour

Radiohead fans are too busy putting the world to rights in their own thread, to bother with mere mortals elsewhere.

As Morrisey would say "World peace is none of your business"

Edited by eastynh

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I agree with pretty much all you've written, but if two or three  bands are touring that I want to see, and I can only afford one gig. Then the one I'd pick wouldn't be one I knew was playing a festival I was going to. 

I hedged my bets and bought a Bon Iver ticket as I couldn't afford that and The XX. 

Was going to "save" The XX for Glastonbury. At least 50% of my plan didn't work very well! 

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Is there only me who goes there for the music? I won't lie, most of the other stuff does not interest me in the slightest. Don't get me wrong, Arcadia impressed me the 1st time I seen it. Yet nothing I have seen at Glastonbury has ever had a lasting effect on me.

Now people will laugh here but I found Jodrell bank a far more inspiring place than Glastonbury. The place just blows me away. I came away from there and wanted to study physics. Unfortunately I could not get on any degree course as I had no GCSE's.

If the line up at Glastobury was really bobbins, it would not bother me in the slightest putting my tickets back in the pot.

I totally get what you're saying but I'm the exact opposite. It's the only festival I'll lay down money on without caring who is playing. There's not been a Glastonbury I've been to when I've been totally blown away by the lineup, and the acts I want to headline the Pyramid probably never will (Depeche Mode/Stone Roses) but I still keep coming. Must be something in that milk...

You're not alone though. My good friend stopped going after 2009 because he no longer liked the lineups. He's not been since.

Jodrell Bank is an incredible site. Never been there for a music event but I imagine it's pretty special

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

Now people will laugh here but I found Jodrell bank a far more inspiring place than Glastonbury. The place just blows me away. I came away from there and wanted to study physics. Unfortunately I could not get on any degree course as I had no GCSE's.

If the line up at Glastobury was really bobbins, it would not bother me in the slightest putting my tickets back in the pot.

I go for the music, however I couldn't really care who is playing, there's bound to be plenty I want to see. I don't get to many gigs though as I work away from home and just don't get the chance, so festivals ( I'm going to 4 this year) are really my only chance to see live music. The non music stuff is just mildly entertaining filler which whilst not a huge pull for me helps to make Glastonbury the special place it is.

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

I go because I like getting smashed and watching live music.

Anyone got any predictions then? The emerging talent has now closed (I think), so what do you think they're waiting for?

Probably just because they have no need to announce anything, the festival has already sold out, there haven't been any articles lately calming the headliners have been leaked and no artists have let it slip. Or maybe they are all their sat trying to come up with a clever way (like the radiohead grass painting) of announcing Ed

The delay at this point will relate to artist preferences. I think it'll be to do with tour announcements and ticket sales; to maximise profit before announcing anything else. 

The most obvious shout would be D-Rizzle. Maybe that's not in the bag yet. Perhaps everything we think we know isn't concrete at all. 

Edited by kalifire

itd be nice to be tonight, hell itd be nice to have some form of announcement this month.....it really does feel like its being dragged out this year, sure we knew more then just 1 headliner by this time as of late as far as years go.......though I will consult the thingy unless wrong on that note. 

Edited by waterfalls212434