Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Didn't Emily say there "will be something in the new year to keep everyone in the loop?"...which is suitably vague enough to  raise hopes for an announcement any day now or at any time in 2017.

I'm calling it - full poster is coming August 15th.

7 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Didn't Emily say there "will be something in the new year to keep everyone in the loop?"...which is suitably vague enough to  raise hopes for an announcement any day now or at any time in 2017.

Yep. Would expect something sooner rather than later. Only thing that remotely interests me about this announcement is potentially finding out the days of the final two headliners. And even that is just so I can feel more confident when posting my stage predictions.

20 minutes ago, big__phil said:

What do you mean by double announcements? Two acts in one announcement, or two separate announcements about different things?

Double trouble.

Two acts announced at once.

The Verve & KoL and Muse & Stevie Wonder 

So seven headliners have actually been announced on Fridays in February :o

Edited by Gnomicide

21 minutes ago, Time Being said:

I could be wrong about this but don't they usually wait until after the emerging talent competition is finished? Far be it for them to take away the spotlight from the emerging bands by announcing a headliner around this time.

is that on the thingy?

I'd be surprised if we don't get anything this month. Emily did say the 'new year' and you could argue that's already passed. Given the major line up announcement will pretty much immediately precede balance payment week, they'll want to space out their other announcements so I can't see one happening any later than early March. 

I'd say we're in prime territory for at least one big name. 

If there's going to be an individual announcement of a headliner (as opposed to it coming out as part of a full line up release) then February is your month.

January 0
February 16
March 3
April 0
May 2
June 2
July 0
August 0
September 0
October 2
November 1
December 1

Three of the ones in May/June where replacements for announced artists dropping out, the other is The Who (for an unannounced artist dropping out).

#ThereIsNoPattern

1 minute ago, king_oxymoron said:

Do we ever actually get anything from the BRITs? I might be wildly wrong but it feels like it gets brought up every year as a time someone will announce and I swear nobody ever actually does, unlike the NME Awards...

Shits and giggles?

this year is a tricky one because I believe that both Ed and foos will get their own announcements - mainly because Ed is a guarenteed talking point for the news, and the foos are doing that cool thing where they mark a country on the map etc.

I just don't feel like we are that close to an announcement though, I feel like we could get one big name in Feb but March feels like a more suitable time

(this is completely by my hunch btw) just seems to have gone a bit quiet on the glasto front