Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I seem to remember The Maccabees self confirming at the NME awards a couple of years ago too.

I was thinking that too but didn't know if I was getting mixed up with them essentially confirming Latitude last year.

They're in the hat for this year so we might get that firmed up if they do that again.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Also Blondie. I think Peej was announced unofficially on the night, and then Emily tweeted it the following day. Remember getting The Horrors confirmed through an interview on a, er, red carpet interview too. 

Was she not announced on the radio by Emily one morning, and then tweeted afterwards?

I definitely woke up to the news; posted on Facebook by 6music, I think. I guess I could have gone to bed before it was announced on the night and woken up to it, though.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Was she not announced on the radio by Emily one morning, and then tweeted afterwards?

I definitely woke up to the news; posted on Facebook by 6music, I think. I guess I could have gone to bed before it was announced on the night and woken up to it, though.

I think you're both right, the interview was from the NME Awards and was on 6music the morning after.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think you're both right, the interview was from the NME Awards and was on 6music the morning after.

Ahh okay, that makes sense, cheers.

Might be remembering wrongly but wasn't there a little bunch of acts announced around the time of the NME awards in 2014? I know Dolly has been mentioned but I feel like there were a few others including Disclosure.

Edit: Google tells me Dolly, Blondie and Disclosure were announced at the awards, joining the already confirmed Arcade Fire, Lily Allen and Suzanne Vega.

Edited by Will-2609

39 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Ive been a lot of things, a penguin isn't one of them however don`t think im a Buddhist yet if I was reincarnated itd have to be as the huge tree in the pyramid field.....that barks seen some sets! ;P

Fair. And maybe, but it's probably seen a lot of piss too sadly.

38 minutes ago, evannn said:

On the topic of the nme awards, I'm impressed that David Bowie has been one of the most heroic figures this last year, despite being dead for all of it

Says a lot about the living.

54 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

NME Award watch...

Martin Garrix and Charlie XCX have just been papped on the red carpet. And they wonder why that can't even give that rag away outside the tube station

I've seen people in Manchester pick up stacks & try to flog em as The Big Issue