Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

18 hours ago, Surf's Up said:

My prediction - Tuesday 14th February for the next announcement.

It's Valentines day and Glastonbury will share the love.

Stop In The Name of Love

Baby Love

Stoned Love

When You Tell Me That You Love Me

You Can't Hurry Love

Di-Ro named on Valentines Day, nailed on

21 hours ago, Matt42 said:

this year is a tricky one because I believe that both Ed and foos will get their own announcements - mainly because Ed is a guarenteed talking point for the news, and the foos are doing that cool thing where they mark a country on the map etc.

I just don't feel like we are that close to an announcement though, I feel like we could get one big name in Feb but March feels like a more suitable time

(this is completely by my hunch btw) just seems to have gone a bit quiet on the glasto front

My guess is that Ed will announce himself at the Brits, and the foos won't be announced until the main announcement in April.

1 hour ago, monkey1989 said:

my hunch (which means nothing apart from i got arctic monkeys right years ago) is that they are going to hit us with the poster next and not a single headliner or legend.

Boom poster THE FORUMS go wild !

Not sure about that. I would expect them to split it up slightly for more publicity, otherwise it's a lot to announce at the same time. 

I'm expecting either a Brits related Ed announcement or Di-Ro sometime at the end of the month next.

1 hour ago, monkey1989 said:

my hunch (which means nothing apart from i got arctic monkeys right years ago) is that they are going to hit us with the poster next and not a single headliner or legend.

Unlikely, I reckon. Bands are usually booked on the basis that they won't be announced before April.

It wouldn't be impossible for Glasto to go back and ask if some bands if they can be announced earlier, but it would create a lots of extra work with double-checking, as well as an amount of awkwardness for bands that had put together an announcement schedule for other stuff based on Glasto announcing in April - as it all tends to be linked together in the background for marketing purposes.

31 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The earliest a poster has been revealed was 27th March 2013, the only other time a poster has been released before April was 29th March last year.

This is all very worrying as it seems to indicate there is a sort of pattern to it all with headliners coming one by one with the legend also announced separately and then the first poster end of March/Early April.

I am not sure I like there being any kind of pattern however loose it may be!

#AHTT

#thereisnopattern

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This is all very worrying as it seems to indicate there is a sort of pattern to it all with headliners coming one by one with the legend also announced separately and then the first poster end of March/Early April.

I am not sure I like there being any kind of pattern however loose it may be!

#AHTT

#thereisnopattern

Ah, but in 2013 the headliners were not announced before the poster.

#ThereStllJustAboutIsNoPattern 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Smart money is on her being sub at most, possibly as a last-minute headliner in the event of a Foos situation repeat etc.

Ben

Imagine if Dave was to fall off stage and break his foot a few weeks before Glasto again! Would be terribly bad luck!