Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

http://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-weve-already-booked-huge-headliner-50th-anniversary-1976998?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

“Some time in March, and there might just be a little thing before. We’re all gearing up for that. There’s not long to wait now. It’s only a couple of weeks.”

(Not sure if already posted/mentioned and cba looking back so apologies if it has).

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-weve-already-booked-huge-headliner-50th-anniversary-1976998?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

“Some time in March, and there might just be a little thing before. We’re all gearing up for that. There’s not long to wait now. It’s only a couple of weeks.”

(Not sure if already posted/mentioned and cba looking back so apologies if it has).

Just beat me to it FF, Ed in the next couple of weeks, poster at the end of March then?

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Other rumoured acts for Glastonbury 2017 include Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters and Depeche Mode.

Don't do this to me NME

5 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The 1975 are easy targets, but it just pissed me off seeing him try and act super edgy and political as if their music was anything like that.

He's always making impassioned political speeches during gigs and when he talks in the media. Why does it necessarily have to be in his songs? Some of Bill Bragg's big songs have nowt to do with the political landscape.

Just now, dentalplan said:

He's always making impassioned political speeches during gigs and when he talks in the media. Why does it necessarily have to be in his songs? Some of Bill Bragg's big songs have nowt to do with the political landscape.

Too many protest singers, not enough protest songs.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Idk, I think I was just fatigued from the crap-fest that was the awards to that point, but to me it sounded like he was trying to encourage other artists to engage with politics on an artistic level, which would be a fine point coming from someone like M.I.A. or Kendrick, but I feel it's a bit hypocritical coming from someone who doesn't write political music.

If he was talking about just bringing up issues in interviews/ in between songs then fair enough.

Nothing major announced this month then but a little something before the next one in march. Wonder if that's the Sunday legend. 

however Emily did say they have booked their first headliner for the 50th anniversary. Can only imagine that would be someone amazing. I'd prey for Led Zeppelin but a pipe dream I think! 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Nothing major announced this month then but a little something before the next one in march. Wonder if that's the Sunday legend. 

however Emily did say they have booked their first headliner for the 50th anniversary. Can only imagine that would be someone amazing. I'd prey for Led Zeppelin but a pipe dream I think! 

I think the legend slot would be classed as pretty major.

They said they're talking to a headliner for the 50th anniversary, didn't they? Anyway, it isn't gonna be something like Led Zeppelin (I know you didn't say it would be). They're showing no signs of reforming and ain't gonna do so just because Glastonbury is turning 50. Probably end up just being someone like Macca who they know can do justice to an occasion like that. Talking to them this far in advance is probably so that they can ensure they've got solid headliners lined up, not because it's someone insanely big.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They said they're talking to a headliner for the 50th anniversary, didn't they? Anyway, it isn't gonna be something like Led Zeppelin (I know you didn't say it would be). They're showing no signs of reforming and ain't gonna do so just because Glastonbury is turning 50. Probably end up just being someone like Macca who they know can do justice to an occasion like that. Talking to them this far in advance is probably so that they can ensure they've got solid headliners lined up, not because it's someone insanely big.

Yeah just a pipe dream on my behalf I think. I'd love it to finally be the roses but after the last few years of thinking it would be them and them taking the money instead I've put that one to bed. 

Anyway I think that's going to start us all debating for the 50th anniversary headliners now. 

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They said right at the end they'd booked the first headliner for it (although we all know that's probably just a verbal agreement). In talks was for Vaz Baz in 2021.