Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

58 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

May be missing something obvious with this question but is there any particular reason for them hardly ever announcing anything on Saturdays? It would certainly make my weekend infinitely better if I heard something on a Saturday.

Nobody likes working a Saturday. 

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

May be missing something obvious with this question but is there any particular reason for them hardly ever announcing anything on Saturdays? It would certainly make my weekend infinitely better if I heard something on a Saturday.

Much less press coverage and impact at the weekend. 

On 03/02/2017 at 5:17 PM, Gnomicide said:

I need to get a life....

TheThingy updated to include the actual days announcements were made.

Seems I was wrong about Fridays.

Mon - 34
Tue - 47
Wed - 34
Thu - 40
Fri - 41
Sat - 6
Sun - 27 (Sundays are skewed because ticket sale dates are included)

So there you have it, who'd have thought it, #ThereIsNoPattern

So, taking out ticket sales, balance deadlines and releasing the cows, there have only been 5 announcements on Sundays, apart from Lionel they were all stage line-ups near to the festival:

The Snug  in 2009
Shangri-la in 2011
Arcadia 2013
Lionel Richie 2015

Poetry & Word in 2016

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So, taking out ticket sales, balance deadlines and releasing the cows, there have only been 5 announcements on Sundays, apart from Lionel they were all stage line-ups near to the festival:

The Snug  in 2009
Shangri-la in 2011
Arcadia 2013
Lionel Richie 2015

Poetry & Word in 2016

Sunday the day of rest for announcements, probably means they will announce everything on Sunday's this year just to please the omnipresent The Thingy.

29 minutes ago, White Bear said:

Might we get some sort of Gaga announcement this week if she's playing? 

There'll be a lot of hype surrounding her Super Bowl performance tonight, would seem as good a time as any.

Would they give a separate announcement for someone that potentially isn't one of the headliners?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I forgot about that. Announcing Gaga as not a headliner would be a huge move and a massive early indicator of just how strong the lineup could be. I hope they do it.

Yeah it isn't something I'd considered but unless she has standalone UK dates to sell tickets for then maybe it will be announced along with her other dates tomorrow(?).

I'm thinking they may announce Ed and Gaga this week. With Gaga as special guest to Ed (subbing him)

Something like they did with The Who and Paul Weller a couple years back. 

Makes sense with Gaga announcing her tour, and Ed having sold our his UK shows last week. And would be a massive announcment for Glasto, would get people talking.