Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Is it obligatory to enjoy, or pretend you're enjoying, yourself now? Seems perfectly fair to me that somebody might go to something exclusive but not think much of it. Plus the ticket he got wasn't generally available. Someone did him a favour. 

Not at all Kali, but at the same time to be at something exclusive and limited on a freebie and to actively deride it live on multiple forums to fans who would have loved the chance to be there is a bit of a kick in teeth.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Not at all Kali, but at the same time to be at something exclusive and limited on a freebie and to actively deride it live on multiple forums to fans who would have loved the chance to be there is a bit of a kick in teeth.

That's a fair comment. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Hm that is interesting. Could just be a mistake but the fact it's from the BBC definitely adds some credibility to it.

pretty odd mistake to make. if it was 2 of last year's headliners you could understand them mixing it, but those 2 names are a bit odd to randomly pluck from anywhere, Green Day especially.

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is it obligatory to enjoy, or pretend you're enjoying, yourself now? Seems perfectly fair to me that somebody might go to something exclusive but not think much of it. Plus the ticket he got wasn't generally available. Someone did him a favour.

Isn't that the point of going to see a band though, to enjoy it?

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

pretty odd mistake to make. if it was 2 of last year's headliners you could understand them mixing it, but those 2 names are a bit odd to randomly pluck from anywhere, Green Day especially.

Green Day hasn't been reported anywhere other than on here, has it? So it's not like it's a wild rumour that got included by mistake, like the mention of Sheeran. Definitely comes across as someone letting slip something that has been confirmed in private but not publicly announced.

Pre Glastonbury I need to walk miles to exercise and get my leg muscles ready, Dave I think needs a little singing practice and work those vocal chords. As much as I like them, I can't remember him sounding so rough before, or maybe its just because I'm not there --- no-one sounds as good on a stream . Be interesting to see what everyone who is there, apart from Neil think of the performance tonight 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he'd said it was great then there'd be snidey "You've changed your tune" comments. Glad he got a ticket (he's earnt that right with this forum) and equally I'd expect an honest opinion from Neil. He went as not a fan and nothing has changed his mind. I think i would have been the same.