2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

This link seems to work for streaming it, just hit play and let it run through with the message that comes up on the screen https://listen.tidal.com/album/69491122

Loving this so far, simple but sweet. It basically sounds to me like what the Gorillaz should have released today 

Edited by Mouseboy11

Just now, dentalplan said:

You didn't miss the new Modern Baseball song did you?

Knew I missed one! :lol: This exam stress is getting to me man. I even listened to Holy Ghost again today. I think I read about this new song earlier today but I just forgot. But it's pretty standard Modern Baseball and sounds like a Holy Ghost ghost B side which is completely fine by me and I really like it. Definitely will pick up the 7inch on their tour for sure now!

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Second-listen and... fuck. Of all the albums I've been disappointed about recently, this one hurts the most. Gonna persevere with it because I do like quite a lot of stadium rock, but they shoulda really just titled the thing We've Grown Up, Maybe You Should Too. 

SO disappointing :( 

Especially after they released two brilliant songs off it. Turns out they were the only good songs..

Edited by fightoffyour

I don't think Japandroids album is terrible or anything but it's definitely a disappointment and severely lacking in the big rockers you'd come to expect from them - that the title track/first song on the album/first song we heard from the album is the most they let loose is a pretty big bummer, and when they mentioned having slower songs I didn't expect it to be two thirds of the album. Think it'll grow on me once I'm over the initial disappointment, but can't see it getting played years later like I still do with their other two albums

Foxygen's Hang is just as incredible as it was all set to be. On Lankershim really is a masterpiece. No idea how they've managed to pull this off but I'm so so glad they did.

Hoping the London KOKO date isn't the only future UK show they're doing, but I suppose it's gonna be tricky to get a full tour out of them with the orchestra the album hinges on.

On revisiting Japandroids, it's not as bad as I found it to be the other day now I'm over the initial disappointment that it isn't all punk rock and party, but it's still definitely a bit toothless. Looking forward to hearing the first two tracks live.

Gotta shout out the new Cherry Glazerr record Apocalypstick. It's a damn good rockin' romp. Here's one...