2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

28 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Sundara Karma anyone?

Liked the sound of there singles prior to the album release last week, should think they will be slotting in in the JP somewhere or early afternoon other.

Yeah spoke about them a few few pages back. Really like their album. Would definitely be up for seeing them.

52 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Sundara Karma anyone?

Liked the sound of there singles prior to the album release last week, should think they will be slotting in in the JP somewhere or early afternoon other.

Yeah, liking Sundar Karma and other new, new stuff - Barns Courtney, Louis Berry. Saw Rag n Bone Man in support slot recently and absolutely dumb struck at just how good his is so hoping to see him again this year.

Sundara album is a great little album isn't it!

In all honesty it's likely to be forgotten very soon and they'll disappear off the face of the earth before long, but they have a great sound going on and the lead vocalist has a very impressive and different sounding voice. 

Foujd myself going back to it a fair few times the past week!

Edited by st dan

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I really liked that Sundara Karma album having not listened to them before. 

New Los Camp http://www.stereogum.com/1919580/los-campesinos-5-flucloxacillin/tour-dates/ 

:D:D:D:D

It sounds like something that wouldn't have been out of place on WABWAD, kind of got a lo-fi demoish quality to the recording/mix as well, I LIVE FOR IT!

Ever since Romance Is Boring (favourite album of all time yo), I've had a tendancy to shite myself every time I see there's new LC! out there, I always have the worry that their perfect streak has to end at some time and this will be the shit song. Not been let down yet. I distinctly remember when they first uploaded Avocado Baby and I listened to it 5 times in a row like "fuuuuuuuck, this is the best song they've ever done".

I got my tickets for the B-ham gig, I got my big fat album bundle pre-ordered, I want time to speed up.

7 minutes ago, rubenz said:

new LCD soundsystem album  due soon according to Al Doyle on twitter . Looking forward to that one!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Top 2 all time favourite bands about to release, my cup runneth over.

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I got my tickets for the B-ham gig, I got my big fat album bundle pre-ordered, I want time to speed up.

snap, snap, snap

I actually believe that every album they've released has been progressively better than the last, which is my version of their incredible streak. I'd be amazed if they could do it again, but so far so good with the 2 singles - it's looking possible!

Giving Bonobo a run through this morning, thoroughly enjoying it.  A time and place for music like this; personally if he's going to make an appearance I'd love it to be something cheeky like a late night Strummerville set.  Think of this album in the darkness around the fire with a drink and a smoke - there's lovely for you.

Only ever heard a couple of his tracks on chillout compilations, never understood why I didn't seek more out until now.

Also currently listening to the new Bonobo and enjoying it. Will be getting more listens. Mentioned in the XX thread that I really don't care for their new offering, so boring to me I couldn't make it to the end of the album. Last but not least Oczy Mlody vinyl turned up yesterday (The double album coloured version), it's a work of art visually, sounds great too.

Back to Bonobo - West Holts after dark would be a perfect fit for me.

Looking at my favourite songs so far on Migration after the first listen I realized that my 4 favourite tracks are the 4 with guest vocalists.

48 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Back to Bonobo - West Holts after dark would be a perfect fit for me.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

A time and place for music like this; personally if he's going to make an appearance I'd love it to be something cheeky like a late night Strummerville set.  Think of this album in the darkness around the fire with a drink and a smoke - there's lovely for you.

I know highly unlikely, but I'd be up for a mid/late afternoon slot in the sunshine, chilling with a beer. I'd just be worried that, for me, he would miss out in the clash fest at the top of the bill somewhere.

17 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Tried the new The XX ... it finished and I hadn't noticed for thirty minutes.  So either I was engrossed in the task I was in, or it was very very dull.

Omar Rodriguez Lopez (Mars Volta, At The Drive In, bunch of other stuff) has released a new album called Roman Lips

thanks for that one, big TMV and ATDI fan so always interested in Omar's output.

You're right about The XX though, I've never 'got' them at all. Their new album hasn't exactly made me think any different of them...........