2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

4 minutes ago, big__phil said:

British Sea Power are releasing a record at the end of March, then a short tour early April. I think in all my years going to Glastonbury they've never played. Surely time?

Hopefully in JP? I think they are better suited to tents than open stages. I've got high hopes for the new album.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/album-reviews-the-xx-elbow-run-the-jewels-you-me-at-six-sundara-karma-a7510801.html

The independent seem in a good mood. 4 stars for everyone! (except you You Me At Six.. go sit in a corner - only 3 for you)

Just listening to Sundara Karma's album now and so far so good I would say.

Edited by mjsell

16 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Just listening to Sundara Karma's album now and so far so good I would say.

Didnt realise they (and the songs on this album) have been about for ages without actually releasing this album. Confused the hell out of me when I kept hearing songs that I sort of knew already (without being about to name it as theirs).

Good album though, I like it - and as the independent said they are filling a nice little maccabees type hole for me.

this was released on their EP in 2016 but I have really gotten into these of late and I think I remember reading they were doing an album this year. Have really gotten into these of late which is unlike me (not usually my thing) - this was the lead single but anyone that likes it I recommend the song 'Depths of Hades' which I think is the best song off their EP:

sorry for 2 posts but as SW is basically my god I felt he deserved his own post :P

Also really looking forward to Steven Wilson's (ex Porcupine Tree) album this year. 

Here's a 'work in progress' clip he uploaded to his Facebook/Youtube recently:

Is it a crime to say in here that the two new Ed Sheeran songs are pretty damn good! Very catchy after only one listen this morning on the way to work!

I wouldn't claim to be a fan but I appreciate his work, he's certainly a talented guy.

He deserves his headline shot as one of the biggest artists in the world right now. 

Edited by st dan

1 minute ago, st dan said:

I wouldn't claim to be a fan but I appreciate his work, he's certainly a talented guy. He deserves his headline shot as one of the biggest artists in the world right now. 

This is actually my view on him (although those two new songs arent doing anything for me and seem worse than some of his other stuff). Unlike what seems like the majority here I dont have a problem with him really, I'm not a fan and will be elsewhere when he headlines but if I happen to be walking past the pyramid whilst he's still playing (obviously unlikely) I would probably hang around for a song or two to see how he's doing.

• Upvote 1