2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

They're significantly cheaper than 99% of other arena acts, I think Trent insists on keeping prices down. The Manchester show was well worth the £35.

Yeah I thought it was pretty reasonable. So much so I ended up seeing them twice on the same tour (Birmingham and Nottingham). Both dates had pretty different setlists, and the Nottingham gig is one of the best things I've ever seen, period. 

7 hours ago, zero000 said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty reasonable. So much so I ended up seeing them twice on the same tour (Birmingham and Nottingham). Both dates had pretty different setlists, and the Nottingham gig is one of the best things I've ever seen, period. 

I was at that Nottingham gig and fuck me was it good. Those opening notes of Somewhat Damaged with that spotlight descending on Trent in the pitch black. Quallo.

Actually met someone off this forum that night to buy a ticket for my brother.

And yeah I agree the price was reasonable. Saw them and QOTSA at similar times for like £35 and both seemed decent priced for arena shows.

What's nice about some of these 90s alt-rock acts (i use this term vaguely), is that they don't rip you off yet they give you a well defined, holistic music experience of a solid large catalogue of tracks. There's classics yet there's also new well acclaimed material. The still want to expand their already impressive career.

some bands aren't like that and would leave fans in debt with simply unjust eye watering pieces (GNR?)

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

new Fleet Foxes album confirmed to be called Ylajali and album cover also posted

7m6obl0hzn5y.png

i'm loving how open he's being with the revealing of this album, just telling people about it as they ask etc :lol: 

christ i hope it's good

Has this post been taken down? Can't find it on his instagram. Great news though! 

On 24/12/2016 at 0:15 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

They're significantly cheaper than 99% of other arena acts, I think Trent insists on keeping prices down. The Manchester show was well worth the £35.

I don't remember details but I couldn't justify it at the time. It must have been with travel and possibly accommodation thrown in too that made it pricey

On 24/12/2016 at 9:24 PM, Will-2609 said:

I was at that Nottingham gig and fuck me was it good. Those opening notes of Somewhat Damaged with that spotlight descending on Trent in the pitch black. Quallo.

Yeah absolutely amazing, followed up by a ferocious version of Terrible Lie too. Massive. 

I'm really hoping Trent is talking shit and that they do end up touring again this year.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

hmm again that's not doing much for me. In my mind they're pretty much destined to be subbing Radiohead which isnt ideal but definitely a lot better than most the other options that have been mentioned.

Just had a read/listen through this, it's a few weeks old but there's a good few acts on here that I'll be keeping an eye on. Only one's I'd heard of were Catholic Action (local lads, seen them live a couple of times) but I'm digging;

Artificial Pleasure, Stevie Parker, Estrons, QTY, Miya Folick and Harlea.

Rest of it is (it's fair to say) a mixed bag. NME innit.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/nme-100-best-new-bands-2017-1911614/

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just had a read/listen through this, it's a few weeks old but there's a good few acts on here that I'll be keeping an eye on. Only one's I'd heard of were Catholic Action (local lads, seen them live a couple of times) but I'm digging;

You'd only heard of one of those bands? The Big Moon has a sizeable eFests fan base. U sleepin.

I didn't really bother listening through the list as 100 'essential new acts' is absolutely ridiculous but they're pretty right on with most of the ones I did know. Would love to see PWR BTTM and HMLTD make names for themsels.

I've been singing Catholic Action's Rita Ora song to myself for months. Catchy tune.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You'd only heard of one of those bands? The Big Moon has a sizeable eFests fan base. U sleepin.

I didn't really bother listening through the list as 100 'essential new acts' is absolutely ridiculous but they're pretty right on with most of the ones I did know. Would love to see PWR BTTM and HMLTD make names for themsels.

I've been singing Catholic Action's Rita Ora song to myself for months. Catchy tune.

Too much listin', not enuf listening bro

16 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Don't mean to sound smug but I've actually heard/ seen live quite a few of these, some of which like Rejjie Snow (I had no idea he was from Dublin), Hannah Lou Clark, Georgie and Pixx are great but seem like they've been around a while. I would say Goat Girl are the standout for me as they were excellent supporting The Lemon Twigs recently. Will try and give a listen to the ones I don't know but would be easier if they had a spotify playlist.

The XX, only just got into them. Thought I'd check them out cause loads of folk here kept mentioning them. Very much my kid of thing. Would like a new Frankmusik album. Hopefully Sigma. There's new Paramore this year (Yes, I know I'm a 13 year old girl).

I have a feeling 2018 will be a big year for me in terms of new music.