Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

6 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

Could BBK headline somewhere like Sonic / Wow - I forget which is which - but the larger of the two, I think NAS headlined there a couple of years ago?

I'd say this is most likely. They usually have a grime/hip-hop day, so I'd expect them to top that. Kano did this year, and it was great.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil's info was that they'd be on Other I believe, plus with their current popularity I'd say they're far too big for anything other than one of the main stages - Sonic/Wow would be absolutely rammed if they played there.

Neil's info was for Wiley to headline the Other IIRC.

clearly that has no chance of happening. people then decided that Boy Better Know is a more likely option than Wiley on his own, based on nothing at all as far as I can tell.

neither are remotely likely to headline IMO.

I'd say Wiley will probably play early evening on the Other, and maybe a few of the BBK lot/grimes acts in Sonic/Wow too, eg. JME, Section Boys, Stormzy. I guess Stormy could take an early slot on Other too.

last year Craig David played 3rd down on Sonic, and the year before Skepta headlined Wow (which was I believe a smaller tent than last year), so they're not adverse to putting decent sized grime acts there. BBK together would be too big, but I don't think any other names after Skepta and Wiley would be.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

clearly that has no chance of happening. people then decided that Boy Better Know is a more likely option than Wiley on his own, based on nothing at all as far as I can tell.

I'd say Wiley will probably play early evening on the Other, and maybe a few of the BBK lot/grimes acts in Sonic/Wow too, eg. JME, Section Boys, Stormzy. I guess Stormy could take an early slot on Other too.

last year Craig David played 3rd down on Sonic, and the year before Skepta headlined Wow (which was I believe a smaller tent than last year), so they're not adverse to putting decent sized grime acts there. BBK together would be too big, but I don't think any other names after Skepta and Wiley would be.

I've got to agree. If the noises about the lineup being super-strong this year are correct, I just couldn't see them in that slot. Plus, as someone else has already said, 90 mins is a long time for a grime set, even with that many of them.

6 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I don't even see BBK subbing either.

Skepta is headlining Wireless, just announced this morning, that's probably what he meant seeing as he was asked about festivals overall.

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This was my initial thought as soon as I heard the interview this morning 

I think @eFestivals rushing in putting him as a TBC on the rumours page might be a bit unnecessary 

I haven't watched it since last night and couldn't hear the reporter well, but didn't the exchange go along these lines:

"Any festivals lined up? I'm guessing we'll see you at Glastonbury."

"I don't think they've announced yet. But you'll see me. But we have to wait for them to announce."

Sounds like Glasto to me.

4 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

Could BBK headline somewhere like Sonic / Wow - I forget which is which - but the larger of the two, I think NAS headlined there a couple of years ago?

3 hours ago, big__phil said:

I'd say this is most likely. They usually have a grime/hip-hop day, so I'd expect them to top that. Kano did this year, and it was great.

No chance.

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Stormzy is bigger than Wiley and if he's on the Other he definitely won't be on early. The man doesn't even have an album out yet and is already huge. His album is gonna shoot straight to number one tomorrow.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Just had a sweep. Here's a couple:

Seven-piece psychtronica outfit Lost Colours

Dub dude Gaudi

you missed a trick with the lost colours link.

It also has " 25 June 2017 TBC, with Galaxians" on that page, and presumably that's for glasto too, but it's not firmly booked yet (but I guess it will be, as Galaxians are on the bluedot bill)

Edited by eFestivals

Anyone who thinks BBK, Stormzy or Skepta would be anywhere near Sonic or Wow this year knows absolutely nothing about the popularity of grime.

Skepta sold out Ally Pally. Stormzy 3 nights at Brixton. 

They will be high up on the other maybe not headline but 2nd or 3rd down.

41 minutes ago, Divein said:

Anyone who thinks BBK, Stormzy or Skepta would be anywhere near Sonic or Wow this year knows absolutely nothing about the popularity of grime.

Skepta sold out Ally Pally. Stormzy 3 nights at Brixton. 

They will be high up on the other maybe not headline but 2nd or 3rd down.

Yup, I'd say 3rd down for both myself but Skepta does have a chance at subbing,  , it's not unheard of for an act to play 3rd and sell out that size though.

8 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

He did an interview after the Brits and he as good as said "I'm playing Glastonbury". 

I would definitely definitely challenge this as I said earlier 

He was asked if he was playing any UK festival, the reporter then slipped glastonbury in at the end, he said I don't think anything has been announced yet so I can't say 

I don't think it was as suggestive of Glastonbury as people think, especially with Wireless being announced today 

55 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I would definitely definitely challenge this as I said earlier 

He was asked if he was playing any UK festival, the reporter then slipped glastonbury in at the end, he said I don't think anything has been announced yet so I can't say 

I don't think it was as suggestive of Glastonbury as people think, especially with Wireless being announced today 

I think it was as suggestive as people think. If he doesn't play, I'll buy everyone on efestivals a pint of...

On second thoughts, maybe not.

12 hours ago, big__phil said:

So...Justice would be headlining?

A lot of festivals on the continent, not hampered by our licensing rules, have acts on after the headliner.  Quite a good idea really, help dissipate crowds leaving.  

It's not even a new concept to Glastonbury, in 1998 Bob Dylan was referred to as being one of the headliners but didn't close the stage, likewise Yes in 2003 on the Jazzworld stage took the headliner length set mid afternoon.  

40 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think it was as suggestive as people think. If he doesn't play, I'll buy everyone on efestivals a pint of...

On second thoughts, maybe not.

You should do food, then Neil can promote the eFests meet as being fully catered.