Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

She didn't go down too well on pyramid last time but there were loads of talkers around. She was very good supporting Neil Young last year. Wonder if she'll be solo or with band? Band could work better early pyramid, perhaps?

My thoughts exactly. The new stuff has a really interesting sound and I'd love to hear how it translates live with a full band behind her! If the choice were mine though, I'd have her on a smaller stage where there were less casuals around.

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

She said Sunday so if she headlined Park chances are you'd get to see something else too. 

I think she'll be with the band given she's just about to do a full band tour 

Ah okay, nice one. Have to wait and see what the full line up has to offer for Sunday night. Can hopefully squeeze it in. Cheers for the info! 

49 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

She didn't go down too well on pyramid last time but there were loads of talkers around. She was very good supporting Neil Young last year. Wonder if she'll be solo or with band? Band could work better early pyramid, perhaps?

See, I quite like her on record, but just couldn't get into her slot supporting NY at Leeds. NY had a superb night and I'd really wanted to enjoy Miss Marling - but it just underwhelmed me, unfortunately :mellow:

Perfect news. LM was number one on my wishlist this year. Not seen her since 2011 I think, depending on when her cathedral tour was.

I would love a Sunday night Park headline slot but I have a bad feeling she'll be on one of the bigger stages during the day again. Her Saturday night sunset slot on the Park in 2010 is still one of my favourite G sets.

Reading rock quartet The Amazons say they're releasing their album in a month beginning with J, and that there's also a "really famous festival in that month", but they're "so not allowed to tell anyone" (about 1.30 through this video).

John Peel, I'd have thought.

Added to the Glastonbury 2017 playlist.

Also "Jungletek and Raggatek" DJ Mandi Dextrous.

50 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Reading rock quartet The Amazons say they're releasing their album in a month beginning with J, and that there's also a "really famous festival in that month", but they're "so not allowed to tell anyone" (about 1.30 through this video).

John Peel, I'd have thought.

That seems likely. They were one of the acts announced for Great Escape yesterday, who share a booker with the JP stage.

50 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Added to the Glastonbury 2017 playlist.

Also "Jungletek and Raggatek" DJ Mandi Dextrous.

thanks. :)