Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

May have been mentioned in another thread, but someone in the crowd ( @mjsell?) at last night's Sylvan Esso gig shouted 'Glastonbury?'  and they responded with a rather coy, hushed 'yeah, yeah...' 

All their announcements have been pointing in exactly that direction.  It's like John Grant in 2014, where he wasn't on the rumours list, (due to, well... no rumours), but all the circumstantial evidence in the world pointed to his turning up.  Which is exactly what happened when the first poster dropped.

It was Jamie's Song that got me into them.  Who knew that an episode of a science podcast talking about mental health was a way to discover new bands?  The podcast is about a women who needed Lithium to keep herself stable - and the song captured the emotional essence of the story perfectly.  I still remember where I was when I heard it, walking down the street  - I just had to stop walking and replay the song about three times before I could do anything else.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/elements/

I don't know if the impact was so strong because it was unexpected, but  I found it incredibly moving at the time.  If you get chance, listen to the podcast.  I can't guarantee being emotionally affected, but I can pretty much guarantee it'll be a fascinating listen.  And explains everything about the song.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Dd they play Jamie's Song?

They did not. Only non-new album were Dress, HSKT, Hey Mami, Coffee, Play it Right.

Also interesting story, I shall check it out - I've got it bookmarked for a lunch break next week :)

13 hours ago, wozwebs said:

Rhythm of the 90's have confirmed for Thursday night. 

"Yes that's right folks! Croissant Neuf Stage in Green Fields. Thursday night 11pm! We will be kick starting Glastonbury Festival 90s style!!!"

They were fantastic at Victorious Festival last year. Had a massive crowd. Played a 2 hour set of 90's dance classics. 

Becoming mine and the wifes tradition to find something a bit different on the Thursday night. Last time, 2015, it was The Lounge Kittens in the West Holts Bar followed by Wheel of Four Tunes, think this will be our Thursday night sorted this year, looks like proper good fun.

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

Ha, yeah I assumed it was mjsell as well. They were really good last night, will be there at Glasto.

I totally missed that shout out! Excellent news. Where would people put them? Park? 

As a bit of a newcomer to SE  I thought they were flipping ace. Really great gig. And totally free too! It was a lot easier to get it than anticipated as was there early doors but nothing much happened queue wise until 8.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

May have been mentioned in another thread, but someone in the crowd ( @mjsell?) at last night's Sylvan Esso gig shouted 'Glastonbury?'  and they responded with a rather coy, hushed 'yeah, yeah...' 

2 hours ago, Bradders said:

Ha, yeah I assumed it was mjsell as well. They were really good last night, will be there at Glasto.

I can confirm that it was not me. Although the guy that did shout it was pretty nearby (although I guess everyone is pretty nearby in a venue like that). 

First time I've seen SE last night though and thought they were excellent. New album tracks sounding good aswell. 

The fact that I went on a mad one after the gig and didn't get home until about 4 this morning tells me that I was in very good spirits afterwards. 

This is some hangover though...

57 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I totally missed that shout out! Excellent news. Where would people put them? Park? 

As a bit of a newcomer to SE  I thought they were flipping ace. Really great gig. And totally free too! It was a lot easier to get it than anticipated as was there early doors but nothing much happened queue wise until 8.

After last night I'm very much hoping for JPT or at least somewhere dark/tented. Same sort of time Alvvays played there in '15 maybe. 

55 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I can confirm that it was not me. Although the guy that did shout it was pretty nearby (although I guess everyone is pretty nearby in a venue like that). 

First time I've seen SE last night though and thought they were excellent. New album tracks sounding good aswell. 

The fact that I went on a mad one after the gig and didn't get home until about 4 this morning tells me that I was in very good spirits afterwards. 

Haha nice work! Glad everyone enjoyed as much as we did.

JP is not a bad shout either.

2 hours ago, tuckdails said:

Just noticed this in my emails. 

IMG_0533.PNG

I'm more interested in the Kabaka Pyramid bit, above .... seems a bit of coincidence.

Just checked his dates, and he could only do sunday (well, could do friday, tho seems unlikely) ... so am wondering if he might be West Holts 2nd reggae act.

5 hours ago, mjsell said:

Hangover update: had a cheese, ham and egg pancake which has improved my state enough to be able to read and write again.

Back to that Sylvan Esso 'self-confirmation' last night. I in no way thought that could have been considered as them confirming anything. 

Their awkward bantz on stage is great btw.

25 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Hangover update: had a cheese, ham and egg pancake which has improved my state enough to be able to read and write again.

Back to that Sylvan Esso 'self-confirmation' last night. I in no way thought that could have been considered as them confirming anything. 

Their awkward bantz on stage is great btw.

Yeah I enjoyed that! Bit in love with the lady one, not gonna lie.