Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Errr have you heard Alt-J? :P Not similar at all. I get what you're saying that they're two 'rock'/guitar acts, but if they can stick The xx on against Mumford and Sons then they can sure as hell stick Alt-J on at the same time as Foo Fighters.

still won't be them, I guarantee.

and no, that's not based on any info I'm holding.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Errr have you heard Alt-J? :P Not similar at all. I get what you're saying that they're two 'rock'/guitar acts, but if they can stick The xx on against Mumford and Sons then they can sure as hell stick Alt-J on at the same time as Foo Fighters.

In a way The xx and Mumfords are opposites... one band are great, the other are shite :P

Just now, eFestivals said:

still won't be them, I guarantee.

and no, that's not based on any info I'm holding.

Considering they seem like a likely Other Stage headliner and can only do the Saturday I'm gonna have to disagree - they're about as 'rock' as LCD Soundsystem were last year who went up against the equally 'rock' Coldplay.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Alt-J won't be on Other when foos play, not a chance in hell.

I did think this when people were predicting it, Alt-J against Foo's would be ridiculous, they are surely opposite Ed as Radiohead I would have thought would be silly too?

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neither was Mary J Blige but she seemingly took that slot in '15.

Think Skepta will perform as part of BBK with a possible guest appearance from Wiley (who will play on his own at some point in the weekend).

And aye if Alt-J are headlining Other that night then I reckon BBK could sub 'em. In fact, that's what I currently predict.

Mary J is true.

I'm sticking with Justice purely going off Neil's info, I'll give BBK sub reluctantly. They will cover with two of the same kind of types obviously because of Foo's set length similarly to The Stones. They are going to role out some special guests for that show I reckon.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It's nowhere near the same, The XX are not like Mumford and Sons at all. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I did think this when people were predicting it, Alt-J against Foo's would be ridiculous, they are surely opposite Ed as Radiohead I would have thought would be silly too?

Mary J is true.

I'm sticking with Justice purely going off Neil's info, I'll give BBK sub reluctantly. They will cover with two of the same kind of types obviously because of Foo's set length similarly to The Stones. They are going to role out some special guests for that show I reckon.

It's nowhere near the same, The XX are not like Mumford and Sons at all. 

Alt-J aren't like Foo Fighters at all either. Totally different ends of the 'rock' spectrum.

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Could he be the *gulp* Friday Pyramid hip-hop act?

pretty weak if so.

played 3rd down on Sonic last year. it's not like he has some great new material since then that deserves a Pyramid spot, most people seem to be going for the novelty of it. I know he had a no.1 album since then, but the mildly popular singles off it were out well before Glastonbury.

e: although it is the Pyramid, and Skepta headlined Wow in 2015 before playing the Pyramid last year, so meh.

Edited by ghostdancer1

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Considering they seem like a likely Other Stage headliner and can only do the Saturday I'm gonna have to disagree - they're about as 'rock' as LCD Soundsystem were last year who went up against the equally 'rock' Coldplay.

Why can Alt-J only do Saturday?, on their dates it just covers Fri to Sunday for Hurricane and Southside. 

Alt-J aren't like Foo Fighters at all either. Totally different ends of the 'rock' spectrum.

Yes but if we are being that technical about it, not many bands are like FF.  Either way, I've still thought FF vs Alt-J is silly.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

pretty weak if so.

played 3rd down on Sonic last year. it's not like he has some great new material since then that deserves a Pyramid spot, most people seem to be going for the novelty of it. I know he had a no.1 album since then, but the mildly popular singles off it were out well before Glastonbury.

He played last year as Craig David's TS5 - basically him DJing and singing along to some bits. This would be him doing a proper show. I agree that it'd be a weak booking for the hip-hop slot but in a decade where we've also had Professor Green do it I wouldn't be surprised, and you can't deny those few bangers he has (even if they are from a 17 year old album).

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

not many bands are like FF.

Except maybe the hundred of rock/grunge acts that came before them and hundreds of rock/grune acts that came after :P 

edit: and as for them only being able to do Saturday I'm just going off what everybody else has said

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If Gaga's not about right enough then Alt-J could be subbing those Fooish lads

Gaga can still sub FF, Alt-J can either sub Foo's or go opposite Ed.

Except maybe the hundred of rock/grunge acts that came before them and hundreds of rock/grune acts that came after :P 

Before yes but after who?

I'd argue the crossover between The xx and Mumford & Sons is much bigger than alt-J and Foo Fighters. Both The xx and Mumfords got big around the same time and while they're not necessarily similar acts, a lot of people getting into indie (in the loosest sense) music around then would probably have been fans of both.