Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

22 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd take some convincing they're going to headline actually, Grime acts don't tend to play the longest sets, I could definitely see them subbing 

Yeah I think that would be quite a stretch for them, I thought Neil suggested BBK as possible headliners but it seems the BBK idea is just a result of the Wiley headlining info + adding Skepta as TBC. 3rd down seems fair for BBK, 2nd at a push.

Justice are in same category for me. Can't see them headlining but we're running out of options!

On 09/01/2017 at 2:54 PM, RyanS said:

Jumping in re: The Coral - I thought that last year's album was the best since their debut. A really good record that deserved a lot more attention.

I went to see them in December and though they were great - really tight, the new stuff sounded brilliant and there were plenty of hits along the way.  About half full in Bristol Academy though - probably the quietest I've ever seen it.

Sadly, your average joe probably cares for 2-3 of the songs and hardly anyone gave the last record the time of day so I think they will be taking lower slots than we would have guessed before the comeback.  

I'd say they are a good shout for 2nd or 3rd on Other like Band of Skulls/Hurts. 

Agreed, The Coral produced a brilliant album last year. They'll never get the recognition for that though. Not when everyone blows Beyonce, Little Mix etc

I don't think they have put out a bad album, I thought the hiatus could go either way. It went a good way musically, imo. I will be devvo'd if they're not on the poster, whenever it's published. I would rather they had an appreciative crowd than average joes waiting for 2 songs. 

On 24/02/2017 at 7:41 AM, TomViolence said:

Yeah I think that would be quite a stretch for them, I thought Neil suggested BBK as possible headliners but it seems the BBK idea is just a result of the Wiley headlining info + adding Skepta as TBC. 3rd down seems fair for BBK, 2nd at a push.

Justice are in same category for me. Can't see them headlining but we're running out of options!

BBK are at Parklife so can't even ruled out, but the difference here is Justice has come from a few angles. 

I think Skepta and BBK sub and 3rd if that can happen then with Justice I think Friday but in The xx mold a few years ago where they are the sub but closing after the headliners act. I know the set length difference wasn't that different but it was still billed as such, some may make a similar argument for Deadmau5 and Ben Howard. I think this scenario works well for Imagine Dragons who I expect in the sub slot, could top it themselves really but may be seen/ appreciated more one down as them against Foo's I doubt will happen. 

Should RB be 3rd down Friday, they could however sub that day but the difference there for me is I think The Prodigy are playing, or its my theory until ruled out and you can't question them as Other toppers.

4 hours ago, plaskins said:

Agreed, The Coral produced a brilliant album last year. They'll never get the recognition for that though. Not when everyone blows Beyonce, Little Mix etc

I don't think they have put out a bad album, I thought the hiatus could go either way. It went a good way musically, imo. I will be devvo'd if they're not on the poster, whenever it's published. I would rather they had an appreciative crowd than average joes waiting for 2 songs. 

To be honest I'm a bad and I didn't really get into their last album. I'd only expect them 2/3 max from bottom of Other. They'll know their status atm etc and the less clashing they do with a bigger artist for them the better if still given an gl hours location it's happy days. Their tour overall did okay I think but it was small venues and a couple of academies at best. Bill McCai is the only other major song I'd like to hear them play and they didn't play it on their 1st set of tour dates even.

7 hours ago, plaskins said:

Saw them on the most recent tour and the heavier, more psychedelic sound really suits them. The band is super tight as well. I've never seen them at Glastonbury but I've always had a vision of sitting in the sunshine on the grass with an ice cold cider

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

To be honest I'm a bad and I didn't really get into their last album. I'd only expect them 2/3 max from bottom of Other. They'll know their status atm etc and the less clashing they do with a bigger artist for them the better if still given an gl hours location it's happy days. Their tour overall did okay I think but it was small venues and a couple of academies at best. Bill McCai is the only other major song I'd like to hear them play and they didn't play it on their 1st set of tour dates even.

"Bill McCai" was on the last tour setlist in December. O2 Academy in Bristol was 3/4 full so reasonably decent crowd but I agree with your Other Stage position. Maybe higher up on Williams Green?

35 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

"Bill McCai" was on the last tour setlist in December. O2 Academy in Bristol was 3/4 full so reasonably decent crowd but I agree with your Other Stage position. Maybe higher up on Williams Green?

It was on the last tour but they did a tour earlier in the year before that where it wasn't involved. When I went Victorious I was secretly hoping for it but knew I wouldn't get it and a Glastonbury slot will only be 45/50 mins

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

http://stagedoor.fm/2017/02/26/glastonbury-2017-skepta-self-confirms/

Been a bit inactive on here last couple days so apologies if this has already been posted. Certainly adds fuel to the BBK headlining Other fire.  

It definitely puts BBK in the frame but not necessarily as a Other headliner - think they'll sub myself.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It definitely puts BBK in the frame but not necessarily as a Other headliner - think they'll sub myself.

So do people think BBK will perform and Skepta and Wiley on their own?

Surely they can't be above sub if Alt-J is opposite Foo's?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Could he be the *gulp* Friday Pyramid hip-hop act?

I don't think he would get that myself, not really hip hop tbh in the same sense.

Just now, thewayiam said:

I don't think he would get that myself, not really hip hop tbh in the same sense.

Neither was Mary J Blige but she seemingly took that slot in '15.

Just now, thewayiam said:

So do people think BBK will perform and Skepta and Wiley on their own?

Surely they can't be above sub if Alt-J is opposite Foo's?

Think Skepta will perform as part of BBK with a possible guest appearance from Wiley (who will play on his own at some point in the weekend).

And aye if Alt-J are headlining Other that night then I reckon BBK could sub 'em. In fact, that's what I currently predict.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

two acts of a similar style.

They always put on something that's 'opposite' the style of the headlining band on the Pyramid, to give a choice rather than a conflict.

Errr have you heard Alt-J? :P Not similar at all. I get what you're saying that they're two 'rock'/guitar acts, but if they can stick The xx on against Mumford and Sons then they can sure as hell stick Alt-J on at the same time as Foo Fighters.

Edited by FloorFiller