Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/01/2017 at 9:46 PM, Matt42 said:

Paolo Nutini i think is a decent shout, although nothing has been announced on his front yet... he could be headlining V festival?

Nah the crowd was beyond dead for him last time, don't think he'll ever play V again. Just whatever this T replacement is and wherever G can squeeze him in, and then the foreign stuff 

19 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They seemed to have loads of technical issues to be fair. Her vibraphone thing was never used cos of issues during the soundcheck. Mike's not working. Showed the disadvantages of having lots of equipment to check in a short time in  daytime festival slot really.

Notwithstanding all that, I enjoyed them. Farris was obviously getting annoyed with the issues too but tried to make light of them for the most part. Although, didn't he threaten to lamp security if they took her off stage cos they were overrunning?

I saw em at Citadel and can confirm they were absolute tosh there. Shame really as I loved the song about the car.

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My Swedish is lacking, but I think this indicates First Aid Kit playing live Glastonbury week:

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/liseberg/pressreleases/first-aid-kit-klara-foer-liseberg-i-sommar-1743330

Yea i can confirm that :) theyre playing 19th & 21st june in Sweden, at 2 amusement parks, gröna Lund and Liseberg.

3 minutes ago, Jamesyp42 said:

Messaged Car Seat Headrest on Facebook, asking if they are doing UK Festivals, and they replied "I think we will!"

Hope they make it to Glastonbury. Their new album was awesome.

Probably unlikely considering they're in America the weekend before. Guess they could always start their European leg of the tour at Glastonbury but I don't see it myself

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The Killers are an exclusive, praying Elbow will be too B)

Already doing forest shows and today announced for Mouth of the Tyne festival so won't be an exclusive. They're playing a lot of shows and none of the slots they're doing suggest there'd be much demand for them as a Pyramid sub but I know it often doesn't work like that. Hoping that, coupled with them doing forest shows and only being available Friday, make them unlikely to sub the festival.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Elbow are surely out of the running with all the shows they've got lined up. It would be such a lame duck booking. Elbow as a Glastonbury exclusive would be pretty pants, let alone Elbow playing a million festivals and also Glastonbury.

Yeah I agree with this. I'm happy to stick with The xx, Gaga and Royal Blood as my subs for now until we get any more info. All three would be good bookings, I think, even if I'd only see The xx.