Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Nah, the casuals would definitely know more Aerosmith. "Don't want to miss a thing" "love in an elevator" "dude looks like a lady" are all much bigger hits than Maiden ever had.

Yeah, that's a big three there. But Maiden had enough crossover success and legacy too - Run to the Hills, Can I Play with Madness, The Trooper, The Number of the Beast all top ten singles, and radio hits.

Probably six and two threes; Aerosmith had THE crossover with I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing and Walk This Way. Maiden's number one single is the one we all try and forget :D

5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Lorde, Future Islands, James Blake, The Lumineers and Dropkick Murphys all announced for Rock Werchter. The last three most likely won't play buy the first two must be extremely likely.

Can we not have any. Werchter now looks like one very strong day and a couple of 1 could act with the rest a bore.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Never listened to Lorde, 3 track recommendations?

I can give you 3 to avoid.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I honestly think lorde could sub

I reckon she definitely could, but if it's right that Lady Gaga is Ed's sub then she'd have to be below her. Lorde is at least as big as all last year's subs though.

(Speaking of last year's subs, Spanish Sahara just came on shuffle, fooking years since I listened to Foals but this track is amazing, they were so unbelievably exciting to me in 2009)

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Lorde, Future Islands, James Blake, The Lumineers and Dropkick Murphys all announced for Rock Werchter. The last three most likely won't play buy the first two must be extremely likely.

I need Future Islands to play after missing them for Lionel! 

Lorde could deffo sub but I think with names already being mentioned she'd be 3rd down. 

49 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She's no bigger than Lana Del Rey was when she played. You lads have had too many Haribo's.

not sure I agree but hey ho

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Lorde subbing the Pyramid?! Blimey, you lot really are getting desperate for a lineup announcement. 

Every festival she's been announced for thus far has been that kind of slot.

I think she's an act that demands a relatively high slot (probably because she's coming all the way from hecking new zealand)

Just now, nikkic said:

I need Future Islands to play after missing them for Lionel! 

Lorde could deffo sub but I think with names already being mentioned she'd be 3rd down. 

I'm convinced that gaga just isn't playing, Glastonbury subs have never been that big

Who are our contenders for subbing anyway?

The XX, Lorde (under sheeran), Paolo Nutini would be my guess

I can't see Elbow subbing - they are way past it