2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, NorwegianBlur said:

Got a ticket! This will be my first time going Glasto! Has seriously been a dream of mine since I was 13/14 years old and It's actually surreal thinking that I'm actually going. Just need to sort my Plane tickets from Norway to London before I'm 100% ready to experience Glasto for the first time :))

How exciting for you! It will be awesome

and worth the travelling!! You're in for a treat! Welcome to the wonderful world of Glastonbury! (And eFestivals!) 

13 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I always think Coach sale sounds harder, there's way less tickets and you have to gamble on location and day.

It still amps me up and gets me worried for the Sunday. 

Well actually, I did some maths...

15000 tickets/23 minutes to sell out = 652 tickets sold per minute (rounding down) or 11 per second (rounding up)

If the remaining 120000 were to sell on Sunday at the same rate they did today, it would take 184 minutes or just over 3 hours to sell out completely. 

Which is bollocks. They'll be gone in less than an hour. 

So it really is easier to get a coach ticket!

Despite 5 years of cycling. no cycling early bird tickets were offered to me his year :( . I got to Bristol and Taunton Coach pages this evening, but SOLD OUT before payment was processed (I'd have cycled from Bristol /Taunton anyway) , So, Yo Sunday it is ...................... Ignition

6 hours ago, VickyS said:

Well actually, I did some maths...

15000 tickets/23 minutes to sell out = 652 tickets sold per minute (rounding down) or 11 per second (rounding up)

If the remaining 120000 were to sell on Sunday at the same rate they did today, it would take 184 minutes or just over 3 hours to sell out completely. 

Which is bollocks. They'll be gone in less than an hour. 

So it really is easier to get a coach ticket!

That doesn't make it "easier" just quicker. Didn't they go in roughly 20 minutes last year on the sunday?

That means theyre selling about 5000 a minute don't think you can argue "easier" either way.

I took my other half through my Sunday Glasto set up last night. There was a slightly stunned silence when I'd finished. I don't think she knew quite what to make of it all. She'd never heard of Glastonbury before and had that 'but it's only a music festival' look on her face. The adorable, ignorant woman.

Got 16 people in a group looking for tickets on Sunday. Been discussing the politics of ticket buying in large groups where not everyone knows everyone. Someone suggested we split up into dedicated groups but in the end we've decided that it's best to just let people buy for who they want to. Fingers crossed for everyone on Sunday! 

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I took my other half through my Sunday Glasto set up last night. There was a slightly stunned silence when I'd finished. I don't think she knew quite what to make of it all. She'd never heard of Glastonbury before and had that 'but it's only a music festival' look on her face. The adorable, ignorant woman.

Some people have multiple tabs on muliple laptops and PCs. I prefer the 2 tabs 1 PC approach. Phone with 4G  connection too. Fewer tabs keeps my focus. No issues: 

Tab, f5 - Tab, f5. (Repeat til successful)

I might set up a second laptop to just auto refresh.

Pretty simplistic, but it has worked for the last 2 years. (Admittedly it didn't for the festivials prior to that)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Brilliant!

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Reading through my facebook posts of 2012....

"Did you get a ticket? Good for you. Im currently in a dark room. Going to cut myself off from the world.

Bastard"

Failed that day and missed 2013 fest.

Not what I needed to read today!

Nerves are kicking in.

I get every other Friday off work. I LOVE laying in bed for that couple of extra hours...

...did not sleep AT ALL last night due to worrying about tickets. And have been up since 5:39.

And I was up until midnight last night trying to organise everyone; all those with a totally blasé attitude to T-Day and taking the piss out of my fretting. 

Knackered / shitting it. 

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Ha ha fantastic. 

21 minutes ago, kalifire said:

You should have seen the look on Mrs Q's face when I told her I'd secured my ticket but had gone back in to try and get eFesters tickets as well.

"I thought the guys weren't going this year?"  They aren't dear.

"So are these friends of friends?"  No, people I've got to know online on the eFests forum.

"People on the internet?  Not even by mutual acquaintance?  So you're spending money for tickets on people you've never met?"  Exactly.  I'm choosing to have a little faith in humanity.

"OK.  It's your money, not from the joint account, right?  Whatever then."

I get the feeling she disagreed with my life choices last night:lol:

Edited by Quark

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Brilliant!

I get every other Friday off work. I LOVE laying in bed for that couple of extra hours...

...did not sleep AT ALL last night due to worrying about tickets. And have been up since 5:39.

And I was up until midnight last night trying to organise everyone; all those with a totally blasé attitude to T-Day and taking the piss out of my fretting. 

Knackered / shitting it. 

There needs to be a way to give tickets to those who are most stressed.

Maximum of 5 hours sleep the night before & a Minimum of 2 nervous poos to qualify.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

You should have seen the look on Mrs Q's face when I told her I'd secured my ticket but had gone back in to try and get eFesters tickets as well.

"I thought the guys weren't going this year?"  They aren't dear.

"So are these friends of friends?"  No, people I've got to know online on the eFests forum.

"People on the internet?  Not even by mutual acquaintance?  So you're spending money for tickets on people you've never met?"  Exactly.  I'm choosing to have a little faith in humanity.

"OK.  It's your money, not from the joint account, right?  Whatever then."

I get the feeling she disagreed with my life choices last night:lol:

I've definitely gained huge faith in humanity by this forum. It's nice to see mutual love for something so special and people who will try everything to get strangers there! 

39 minutes ago, wwinstanley said:

Luckily someone in my group got through and sorted us out but this is the 3rd year running I have tried (including resales) and have never got to the booking page!

I had 2 laptops and my phone going and couldn't even get the countdown to move from 20!

you had a countdown showing - more than i did. Had the page but no timer like previous years.

28 minutes ago, Brumbot said:

Got 16 people in a group looking for tickets on Sunday. Been discussing the politics of ticket buying in large groups where not everyone knows everyone. Someone suggested we split up into dedicated groups but in the end we've decided that it's best to just let people buy for who they want to. Fingers crossed for everyone on Sunday! 

Dangerous tactics! You run a real risk of getting through the registration page and having it thrown back because one or more tickets have just been purchased by someone else. May only be one extra step to remove them but by the time you've flapped over who else to put in and then that page hangs, can make all the difference. This has cost us dear in the past.

ah the nightmare of group organisation. I've currently got 11. 5 successful ticket buyers as one group and 5 newbies in another. The 11th guy is mates with the first 5 and normally goes with them, but his new partner is in the second 5!

I know what I'd do......

20 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There needs to be a way to give tickets to those who are most stressed.

Maximum of 5 hours sleep the night before & a Minimum of 2 nervous poos to qualify.

I stress about the next T day almost from the moment I get tickets. Actually slightly relieved that there's a fallow year coming up. Of course that makes this T day 10 times worse.