2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

38 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Just curious, what was the deal on here with people offering bookings to others, i.e. "I've got the booking page up, who wants it?"

Are people giving others their card details?

Yeh someone I don't know gave me her bank details, I got through but she had already been successful.  I have deleted all details, was just happy to have tried to help and hoping karma will help me on Sunday!! I'm not sure I'd feel so happy giving my details over. If she hadn't given me her details I would have paid and let her pay me bk.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, keb77 said:

Yeh someone I don't know gave me her bank details, I got through but she had already been successful.  I have deleted all details, was just happy to have tried to help and hoping karma will help me on Sunday!! I'm not sure I'd feel so happy giving my details over. If she hadn't given me her details I would have paid and let her pay me bk.

someone is helping me on sunday. She has sent me a picture of her driving licence so I know who she is.

I was feeling so optimistic this year. But yesterday has ruined that optimism. I'm not playing football sunday morning now so that I dont have to just rely on others. Think I might try and rope in my sisters to help out as well maybe. All hands on deck now - this is some serious shit!

The unthinkable thing for me about not getting tickets on Sunday is the CV ticket scenario. Yes, if you're unlucky in the ticket sale there is always the resale. Problem is, CV tix go on sale later this month and you can't get one without a GA ticket. By the time the resale comes around in April they will be all gone so the only way to secure one is to get someone else who has a GA ticket to get it for you. Then there is still the chance that you might not score a ticket in the resale anyway!!

Failure on Sunday is not an option!! 

The big worry for me isn't so much not getting a ticket, because you can get them in the resale. It's just knowing that if none in our group get a ticket, then we won't have the same numbers try in the resale and it will most likely be a lone effort as momentum is lost. I'd just love the opportunity to see the Roses once, in my favourite place, with all of my mates. The line-up rumours are definitely adding to nerves this year.

Edited by EamerRed

3 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

The big worry for me isn't so much not getting a ticket, because you can get them in the resale. It's just knowing that if none in our group get a ticket, then we won't have the same numbers try in the resale and it will most likely be a lone effort as momentum is lost. I'd just love the opportunity to see the Roses once, in my favourite place, with all of my mates. The line-up rumours are definitely adding to nerves this year.

Yeah this is it for me too. I think my almost all my group would lose momentum by April. Wouldn't stop me trying the resale though. And yeah, the rumours have definitely upped the stakes.

34 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Not attempting to piss on anyone's parade here, and make the nerves even worse (had my first failure nightmare on Wednesday night, so I'm already bad) - but this year was the first time in many years our group failed to get the resale peeps any tickets at all.  And we had a lot of people trying for them...

Edited by Greenelk

1 minute ago, Greenelk said:

Not attempting to piss on anyone's parade here, and make the nerves even worse (had my first failure nightmare on Wednesday night, so I'm already bad) - but this year was the first time in many years our group failed to get the resale peeps any tickets at all.  And we had a lot of people trying for them...

exactly the same here. I've never failed to get tickets, either for myself or for anyone else. This was the very first time I failed. 5 friends were left at home for the first time ever. Too many people on the secret sale now to make that the surefire back up it always was. I think thats why I'm feeling so worried about Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

it is just luck though isn't it. In recent years we've had -

2014 festival - 16 tickets in coach sale, failed for those needed in general sale, failed in resale

2015 festival - failed to get any in coach sale, got 18 in general sale, got 2 in resale

2016 festival - failed to get any in coach sale, got 19 in general sale, got 0 in resale

we all stand as much chance each time, roll on Sunday, it'll be fine

So I finally today got the elusive 6th member of our groups reg details from them after much nagging from all involved, then the person they had replaced in the 6 sent a casual wassap asking if we were trying for tickets (he'd told as at the end of this festival he'd have to sit it out next year due to having just had a baby) I thought to myself, here we go... it led to a conversation we all knew was coming (I'm just amazed it was this late) I've changed my mind, can I come too! So we've currently got 7, the most awkward number possible.

1 hour ago, Pear_Cider said:

The unthinkable thing for me about not getting tickets on Sunday is the CV ticket scenario. Yes, if you're unlucky in the ticket sale there is always the resale. Problem is, CV tix go on sale later this month and you can't get one without a GA ticket. By the time the resale comes around in April they will be all gone so the only way to secure one is to get someone else who has a GA ticket to get it for you. Then there is still the chance that you might not score a ticket in the resale anyway!!

Failure on Sunday is not an option!! 

There is a way round that: If you have a friend with a ticket and you're unsuccessful on Sunday, buy the CV ticket in their name, which is a gamble that you'll get a ticket in the resale of course, I did this and it worked for me (You may have to travel in with them, but I don't think they were checking properly this year).

29 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

In my opinion it's his fault for leaving it this late to let you know. Tell him sorry but as you knew they weren't going there's six trying and once you're all sorted you'll all do your damnedest to get him one too. 

Definitely...don't jeopardise the 6 for one person!

Have just read this thread. Well done to all who got the coach tickets they wanted :) & good luck to everyone who will be trying on Sunday. We've been going for years.  I used to wander into local record shop around Easter time and buy the tickets ... but it's much edgier pressing F5 ;)   Good luck all.  Hoping my luck will hold too ! 

Edited by trevethin
typos

53 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There is a way round that: If you have a friend with a ticket and you're unsuccessful on Sunday, buy the CV ticket in their name, which is a gamble that you'll get a ticket in the resale of course, I did this and it worked for me (You may have to travel in with them, but I don't think they were checking properly this year).

Yep, I know that that is a way round it...it's still a hassle and you still run the risk of not getting a GA ticket in the resale. I think the only reason the stewards weren't checking properly this year is because of the nightmare that was getting people on site due to the conditions. I suspect that they were briefed to check properly, but events kind of changed priorities!

Nope, I'm keeping everything crossed for ticket success on Sunday...don't want to think about the alternatives! :D