2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, jparx said:

My pc couldn't even load the holding page last night, but my phone on 4G managed to get on and allowed me to refresh it over and over again. I didn't get through mind you, buy I felt a lot closer on my phone than on my pc.

I still don't believe it matters at all. It's all luck. Preparedness and luck. 

It genuinely is luck but people don't want to believe it because it's too scary to think you don't really have any control or advantage over it. If they get lucky they assume it's because their strategy or method gave them an advantage, if they're unlucky they assume it's a conspiracy!

1 hour ago, smudger said:

Dangerous tactics! You run a real risk of getting through the registration page and having it thrown back because one or more tickets have just been purchased by someone else. May only be one extra step to remove them but by the time you've flapped over who else to put in and then that page hangs, can make all the difference. This has cost us dear in the past.

ah the nightmare of group organisation. I've currently got 11. 5 successful ticket buyers as one group and 5 newbies in another. The 11th guy is mates with the first 5 and normally goes with them, but his new partner is in the second 5!

I know what I'd do......

Haha its always tough deciding.

Yeah it hasn't been an issue in the past. We'll just be in a Facebook chat together updating on progress and who's buying for who. Fingers crossed it all works out with no dramas. 

6 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

@Untz arriving in the evening on the Wednesday isn't all bad :) you have you're ticket and if you do book camplight you don't have to worry about setting up camping.

I always camp in Bushy Ground so arriving later is never a problem, in fact, most years I usually arrive around midday because the queues have died down and I can relax about everything. 

Hope your cold clears up soon.

@Zoo Music Girl very pleased that you got tickets sorted this year - hope it's feeling more real today and is starting to sink in :D

Thanks! Were you successful? It just about is... feels a million years since I was there!

14 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Yes it was definitely a stressful few weeks earlier in the year but I am absolutely glad we went through it as I've met some incredible people. I've just turned off all my page moniters/alerts for the ticket pages and what a lovely feeling that is. I'm guessing you managed to snag a ticket? 

Got the two I needed so very happy with that!

27 minutes ago, Untz said:

It's true, but I need something to complain about! It's like Maslow's hierarchy of needs - once you have a ticket, you move on to needing something else. There'll be a point in time where I'm over everything else and my main concern will be not having the ideal festival hat. And then I'll get there and the biggest concern is piss on the toilet seats or a food stall being more than a 2 minute walk away.

I hope people realise that I'm not being ungrateful and am very glad to have a ticket. Sorry for sounding like an arse!

And thanks! Hope Sunday is good to you!

I haven't heard about Maslows hierarchy of needs for a while, and never have I heard it in relation to a Glastonbury ticket :D I understand though, complaining and moaning is a very British. 

Saying that, the food aspect I do understand, the food is a big draw of the festival for me. If I don't eat at the right times - I could turn horrible at any given second!

I say risk it, get a festival hat at the festival! What's the worse thing that could happen?

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks! Were you successful? It just about is... feels a million years since I was there!

Not this time around, no :( but there is always Sunday. It's the first year since the Rolling Stones that I don't have a ticket sorted in the coach sale! Sunday feels scary!

8 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Not this time around, no :( but there is always Sunday. It's the first year since the Rolling Stones that I don't have a ticket sorted in the coach sale! Sunday feels scary!

Ah sorry to hear that! Hope you get lucky on Sunday. I'd offer to help but I'm already helping the little helper who got mine last night... I'm sure you'll be there! Fingers crossed all for Sunday :)

Hello all.. don't know if people remember me from last year's flash sale topic under the name CarlaandHolly  I won the Guardian tickets. I'm sorry if this has already been raised but is there a pre registration page available? So that I can be ready for Sunday.. thanks Carla x

Well that was a let down. Got nowhere last night, not even past the holding page. Was set up on a laptop and 2 phones, one with 4G the other with 3G and just constant holding pages until sell out

I'm worried for Sunday now

Edited by pentura

14 minutes ago, Drewy80 said:

Hello all.. don't know if people remember me from last year's flash sale topic under the name CarlaandHolly  I won the Guardian tickets. I'm sorry if this has already been raised but is there a pre registration page available? So that I can be ready for Sunday.. thanks Carla x

Do you mean to register for tickets? I hate to break this to you, but registration closed last Monday...

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do you mean to register for tickets? I hate to break this to you, but registration closed last Monday...

No sorry I mean a page where you can complete all the details in preparation to press purchase on Sunday.. there was something good similar around the flash sale earlier this year. 

10 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Working nearby is an absolute godsend for lunch. Some of the food there is incredible.

how do you cope with the queues? :P

Every time i've thought "I'll get lunch there" I've never actually gone thru with it because I couldn't be bothered with the queues of suits.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

how do you cope with the queues? :P

Every time i've thought "I'll get lunch there" I've never actually gone thru with it b3ecause I couldn't be bothered with the queues of suits.

This is true :lol:. Though in fairness, one of the great things about Brizzle is there are loads of great places to eat in the centre anyways.

8 minutes ago, Drewy80 said:

No sorry I mean a page where you can complete all the details in preparation to press purchase on Sunday.. there was something good similar around the flash sale earlier this year. 

Did that work last year? I thought it didn't... I have kept a page open since Tuesday in case it does.

12 minutes ago, Drewy80 said:

It worked for the flash sale.. do u have a link you could share?

It was just the link posted earlier in this thread, now the page has changed. http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-deposits/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/1100000

I loaded it up on Tuesday put my details in and I have left it- . 2/3 seconds after 9 on Sunday I will press proceed. I will do it slightly late so that they have time to open it up so to speak.

I don't think it will work, but the 1% chance is good enough for me

Edited by FuzzyDunlop