Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Great setlist but makes it even clearer that I'll be devastated if there's no Let Down. 

I'd be both surprised and devastated if they don't play it also. Could go on about the lack of Reckoner, HTDCC, There There etc but can't win 'em all I suppose. In fact, there were a ton of great songs missing from that setlist (and most of my all time favourites), but it just happened to still be really great.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd be both surprised and devastated if they don't play it also. Could go on about the lack of Reckoner, HTDCC, There There etc but can't win 'em all I suppose. In fact, there were a ton of great songs missing from that setlist (and most of my all time favourites), but it just happened to still be really great.

I think if I don't hear There There in a 2 hour 15 minute RH set I'll be pretty fucking gutted.

I must admit, having a ticket to see them a couple of weeks later at Trsnmt is making me a lot less tense. I'm still hoping for a banger fest at Glastonbury (as it's going to be more of an occasion) with trsnmt being the more standard AMSP set which should mean I get to see almost everything I want over both gigs. 

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I must admit, having a ticket to see them a couple of weeks later at Trsnmt is making me a lot less tense. I'm still hoping for a banger fest at Glastonbury (as it's going to be more of an occasion) with trsnmt being the more standard AMSP set which should mean I get to see almost everything I want over both gigs. 

I reckon TRNSMT will still be a festival set rather than one of their own gigs but equally I don't see it being full of hits like Glastonbury presumably will be. But yeah, TRSNMT is where I'm hoping for Reckoner, Exit Music, Videotape and stuff like that. Madness that we have them twice in two weeks though, great scenes.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

As well as the first three, the run of bloom, might be wrong, separator loses casuals too. 

As a casual though, there's plenty for me there. Would love national anthem though. 

Having looked properly, think I prefer the one from a couple of nights ago. Bith persuading me to stick with my choice to see them though. 

Really? Assumed you'd be going Flips.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's not definite yet. But there are a lot of pointers pointing me to the pyramid.  

I'll be solo at flips - whereas pretty much everyone I'm with will be at radiohead. (wouldn't stop me if I really didn't want to see radiohead, mind).

I'll never pay to see the whining tw#ts at their own show, whereas lips gigs cheaper and less rare and I'll go. 

Not seen a pyramid headliner since the stones. 

Will be up at the Park from 15:00 to 20:30 if Elbow are the TBA so may be ready for a change of scenery

I like most of the new album.

If I'm not feeling it after 40 minutes can still catch the Lips. 

I've spent lots of time recently(ish) on In Rainbows, Kid A and AMSP to see if they'd be worth it (before it started to look like Lips would clash - if that'd been announced straight away there wouldn't be a discussion) so feel like I need to see it through. 

Cool! Yeah sometimes I think it's worth seeing the people at Glastonbury you wouldn't otherwise pay to see. 

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I feel the same, however with the Manchester gig and TRMSMT. I do think Glasgow will be a more 'hit' heavy set though. 

Is anyone else starting to think Manchester is going to be postponed? Every gig there up to 17th June has been cancelled. I really really hope venue is back open by then

48 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I feel the same, however with the Manchester gig and TRMSMT. I do think Glasgow will be a more 'hit' heavy set though. 

Is anyone else starting to think Manchester is going to be postponed? Every gig there up to 17th June has been cancelled. I really really hope venue is back open by then

Yea i saw another event had went last night. 

Sandbag told a reddit user thst the promoter says it is going ahead but im guessing its in the hands of the police now.

What are they going to do then? Lots of the new stuff?

I'm not much of a fan (went off them after Pablo Honey, believe it or not!), but saw them a few years back doing their electro loopy shiz. The dance music fan in me quite enjoy it. All that stuff?

Any chance of Anyone Can Play Guitar?!

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

What are they going to do then? Lots of the new stuff?

I'm not much of a fan (went off them after Pablo Honey, believe it or not!), but saw them a few years back doing their electro loopy shiz. The dance music fan in me quite enjoy it. All that stuff?

Any chance of Anyone Can Play Guitar?!

Probably not so much of the dancey stuff you're thinking of - that was more for The King of Limbs tour. And zero chance of ACPG - they said in a recent interview that they'll probably only play Creep from Pablo Honey, with an outside chance of Lurgee popping up somewhere. 

As for the rest of the set, probably a greatest hits-esque set really with most of the big hitters. Take a look at their other festival sets from this/last year and you'll have a rough idea

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Shit I hadn't even considered that the Manchester shows could be cancelled/postponed. On the one hand it'd be nice to have some breathing room between Glastonbury and these, but on the other, fuck that, I want Radiohead!

I've thought it could be postponed but, given the final date of the tour is Israel on the 19th, if Manchester couldn't be rescheduled for a month or so I hope they would honour those dates and not just cancel.

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Probably not so much of the dancey stuff you're thinking of - that was more for The King of Limbs tour. And zero chance of ACPG - they said in a recent interview that they'll probably only play Creep from Pablo Honey, with an outside chance of Lurgee popping up somewhere. 

As for the rest of the set, probably a greatest hits-esque set really with most of the big hitters. Take a look at their other festival sets from this/last year and you'll have a rough idea

Yeah, you're right, it was. Freebie at the O2 and headlining Optimus Alive. Shame, that was quite good!

Was joking re Guitar - am sure they they played it when I saw them on the Other in the mid-90s anyway!

21 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's not definite yet. But there are a lot of pointers pointing me to the pyramid.  

I'll be solo at flips - whereas pretty much everyone I'm with will be at radiohead. (wouldn't stop me if I really didn't want to see radiohead, mind).

I'll never pay to see the whining tw#ts at their own show, whereas lips gigs cheaper and less rare and I'll go. 

Not seen a pyramid headliner since the stones. 

Will be up at the Park from 15:00 to 20:30 if Elbow are the TBA so may be ready for a change of scenery

I like most of the new album.

If I'm not feeling it after 40 minutes can still catch the Lips. 

I've spent lots of time recently(ish) on In Rainbows, Kid A and AMSP to see if they'd be worth it (before it started to look like Lips would clash - if that'd been announced straight away there wouldn't be a discussion) so feel like I need to see it through. 

Yeah, lots of this mirrors my feelings. I'm not a hardcore radiohead devotee but i thnk they're an interesting enough band. I can recognise quite a few songs but i'm very much a neutral. I'm intrigued as to whether they can win me over.

Realistically, i'm never going to pay to see them, and also this is a key gig for them, their last two performances on the pyramid were career-defining moments. They'll have that weight of pressure on them. Personally,  think they're not the pull for many people that they were last time they played. The demographic of the Glastonbury crowd is significantly different these days. They're going to have to really work to pull it off. It's the most jeopardy around a headliner since the Stones, easily.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1