Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Somewhat worrying for those of us with Manchester tickets that Kings of Leon at the arena has been cancelled. Was due to be on Friday but cancelled yesterday...

Surprised it was so last minute!  From what I've heard down the grapevine,  staff at the arena have been told they'll be re-opening sometime in June.  Hopefully there will be some sort of official word soon, they can't keep cancelling show after show on a last minute basis.

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Agreed, that would great. Just, Creep or Airbag I'd love to hear open, although I'm not opposed to Daydreaming at all really. 

My only opposition to Daydreaming is that band openings are coupled with massive cheers from the crowd.  I can't imagine loads of whooping during such an introspective song!

Without pisstaking, they're going to have to seriously change that setlist to avoid a mass walkout of the casuals. 

Or "Them" as a lot of Radiohead would say.

It'll be a Gorillaz/Kanye sort of fiasco. 

Starting with Daydreaming and the Desert Island Disk?!

zGHQb4O.gif

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, fowls said:

Surprised it was so last minute!  From what I've heard down the grapevine,  staff at the arena have been told they'll be re-opening sometime in June.  Hopefully there will be some sort of official word soon, they can't keep cancelling show after show on a last minute basis.

The foyer is still closed off so guessing the arena is just waiting for permission from the police

16 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Fitter Happier as they walk on stage fading into the sound of radio distortion and then hitting the crowd with National Anthem IMO is the best way Radiohead can start a gig..........

It being the re-release of OKC then I think they should do the above followed by either Climbing up the walls or Lucky in place of National Anthem 

Oh boy this would be unreal...

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'm willing to bet one hot and spicy cider that they'll open their set with Daydreaming.

I'll raise you a Super Royale and say they'll follow that with Desert Island Disk and Ful Stop. They've done it all tour, they did it at Coachella, they did it last night, I can't see them changing it.

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

There's zero chance they're not gonna do all the hits at Glastonbury - it's just whether it'll be an OK Computer focused set of hits. The deluxe edition really does seem too conveniently due for release on that Friday for a reason. I'm sure most Radiohead fans are pretty much expecting it now.

I feel like it's more likely just to capitalise on the publicity of the Glasto set on BBC. Think we'll just get a usual selection of OKC songs.

4 hours ago, jparx said:

There's no chance they're releasing a deluxe edition of OK Computer on the day they headline Glastonbury and then opening that set with Daydreaming.

Bet they do tbh.

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

The foyer is still closed off so guessing the arena is just waiting for permission from the police

The foyer isn't essential.  A few years back they closed off the foyer for renovation, and used the outside steps entrance instead.  It's not quite as convenient for queueing but worked fine.  It's more a question of how far the blast reached into the arena concourse area and structural damage I imagine.

(apologies for being so frank, feels inappropriate in the context of what happened)

Edited by fowls

Hey first time I've posted on here, Radiohead are causing me my biggest dilemma this will be my fourth Glastonbury and I've never really been interested in the pyramid headliners and thought Radiohead would finally be the one however I'm not amazed by looking at their recent setlists.

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I'll raise you a Super Royale and say they'll follow that with Desert Island Disk and Ful Stop. They've done it all tour, they did it at Coachella, they did it last night, I can't see them changing it.

I agree.  I don't like it but I agree.

Gutted that they seem to have killed off Decks Dark.  It's my fav on the album.  Meanwhile, I nearly always skip Desert Island Disk.

3 minutes ago, Impropaganda said:

Hey first time I've posted on here, Radiohead are causing me my biggest dilemma this will be my fourth Glastonbury and I've never really been interested in the pyramid headliners and thought Radiohead would finally be the one however I'm not amazed by looking at their recent setlists.

Is there anyone else you would majorly regret not seeing if you stayed for Radiohead?

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Without pisstaking, they're going to have to seriously change that setlist to avoid a mass walkout of the casuals. 

Surely they are aware of this.........whether they give a toss is another question. The fact that it is the release date of OKNOTOK would suggest there is potentially a decent chance of changing it up.

Couldnt agree more about the potential negative effects of starting with the likes of Daydreaming and the Desert Island Disk. Nice tunes but for opening the Pyramid headline slot on the opening night of Glasto? Fuck no............they need to play a string of tunes that everyone knows and love and get em going. Then and only then will they get away with hitting them with the other stuff.....

2 minutes ago, Impropaganda said:

Unless there's someone somewhere that you really want to see, I'd say turn up half an hour into Radiohead and see what you think.  They usually take about 4/5 songs to hit their groove.  They'll either die on their arse (compared to their previous headlines) or smash it.  Worth watching either way, i reckon.

12 minutes ago, fowls said:

Is there anyone else you would majorly regret not seeing if you stayed for Radiohead?

Flaming Lips would be a possibility would love to see dizzee do a boy in da corner heavy set but think that's very unlikely and saw him loads back then too. So I suppose I wouldn't regret not seeing either of those 2

5 minutes ago, Impropaganda said:

Flaming Lips would be a possibility would love to see dizzee do a boy in da corner heavy set but think that's very unlikely and saw him loads back then too

Why not start at Radiohead and see if it grabs you?  If not, wander over to Park or West Holts with plenty of time to spare.  

Radiohead - 21.30

Dizzee Rascal - 22.30

Flaming Lips - 22.45. Bit of a long walk but you could easily see half hour of radiohead and then head over.

Only issue is you may struggle to get out of the crowd if you want to be right in the middle of the action.

Edited by fowls

12 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Unless there's someone somewhere that you really want to see, I'd say turn up half an hour into Radiohead and see what you think.  They usually take about 4/5 songs to hit their groove.  They'll either die on their arse (compared to their previous headlines) or smash it.  Worth watching either way, i reckon.

Yeah when you put it like that I suppose it could be interesting either way haha,